Varanasi Sunrise Boat Tour
A rowing boat ride at dawn along the Ganges is a quintessential Varanasi experience. The early-morning light is particularly inspiring, and all the color and clamour of pilgrims bathing and performing puja unfolds before you. An hour-long trip south from Dashashwamedh Ghat to Harishchandra Ghat and to Manikarnika Ghat and back is popular and be prepared to see a burning corpse at Harishchandra and Manikarnika Ghat
The old buildings, ashrams and places along the river side tend to glow when the sun light hits them. The ancient name of the city “Kashi” signifies the same. People talking bath, performing rituals, worshiping to the Sun, washing clothes… it all happens
per adult from
What's included :
- Private boat ride.
- Professional English speaking tour guide (Licensed by the Ministry of Tourism).
- Hotel pick-up and drop by air conditioned vehicle if needed.
- Entry/Admission - Banaras Ghats
What's excluded :
- Gratuities and Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Experience Varanasi - Private Guided Tours, Varanasi 221005 India
Take a morning boat ride on the river Ganges at sunrise, when its banks are alive with the multitude of worshipers who come to immerse themselves honoring life’s milestones as they face the rising run. This worship form is better known as “Surya Namaskar” which translates into paying homage to the sun god. And it is not through the formal acts of ritual, but through the most ordinary gestures of riverside and marketplace that the charged, heightened drama of life in Varanasi unfolds.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Banaras Ghats, Varanasi 221002 India
An hour-long trip south from Dashashwamedh Ghat to Harishchandra Ghat and then to Manikarnika Ghat and back is popular and be prepared to see a burning corpse at Harishchandra and Manikarnika Ghat.
People talking bath, performing rituals, worshiping to the Sun, washing clothes… it all happens.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Ganges Grand, Front Of Marwari Hospital Building, D-37/47 Godowlia Crossing, Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd, Harha, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.