Varna - Aladza Monastery - Balchik - Kaliakra Cape Tour
• Discover the ruggedly beautiful Cape Kalakria to see its cliffs and ancient ruined fortress
• Visit the gorgeous botanical gardens at Balchik's Summer Palace of Queen Marie
• Explore Aladzha monastery and learn about its history
• Enjoy in-depth attention and personalized commentary from a private English-speaking driver
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Your driver will meet you at your hotel in Varna or Golden Sands resort with a private pickup. As you travel, soak in the scenic views, and make your first stop at Aladzha monastery. Aladzha monastery is a medieval Orthodox Christian cave monastery.
The second stop is Balchik, a Black Sea resort famous for its botanical gardens and Palace of Queen Marie, an early 20th-century villa built for the queen of Romania’s King Ferdinand. Wander around the beautiful, differently themed gardens, including the rare giant cacti collection, and visit the quaint Queen's Winery in the grounds to sample some local wines.
Next stop is Cape Kaliakra - a protected nature reserve set on a craggy peninsula that’s considered one of Europe’s most beautiful. Enjoy a walk along the promontory, taking in awesome views of the steep cliffs and steppes. Scour the ruins of the cape’s ancient fortress and learn how it was used by the Romans, Byzantines, and Bulgarians. Some of the legends associated with this wild and windswept peninsula tell the famous story of how 40 Bulgarian girls threw themselves in the sea from the cliffs here to escape the Ottomans, plaiting their hair together to ensure their deaths.
After Cape Kaliakra you can stop for lunch at Dalboka Mussels Farm near Kavarna and enjoy a variety of dishes prepared with fresh mussels, combined with the spectacular sea view from the restaurant. Your tour finishes with a transfer back to your hotel or any other point around Varna and Golden Sands.
Pick up time is between 8:00 and 11:00 at your convenience!
Departure Point :Any place in Varna, Golden Sands or St. Konstantin and Helena
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.