Vasse Felix Cellar Experience with 3-Course Lunch
This exclusive historic experience at Vasse Felix begins with a walking tour of the regions oldest vines, planted in 1967 by Dr Tom Cullity. Then venture to the Vault, accessible to guests only via this experience, for a tasting of Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon , accompanied with house-cured charcuterie. Your experience concludes with a taste of an historic Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon selected by our Estate Sommelier. Following the tasting, enjoy a three course lunch in the award winning Vasse Felix Restaurant, paired with wines, which includes a glass of the museum Cabernet Sauvignon from your tasting.
Please note, during your tour of the museum and wine tasting you will be joined by other guests booked on this experience, however at lunch your booking will be seated separately.
per adult from
What's included :
- Glass of sparkling wine on arrival
- Guided vineyard and museum tour
- Tutored tasting in the exclusive Vault, including back vintage Cabernet Sauvignon
- Light charcuterie to accompany your tasting
- Three course lunch paired with Vasse Felix wines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This historical tour takes you on an exploration of Margaret River wine at Vasse Felix, the region’s founding wine estate. Your experience begins with a glass of Blanc de Blancs sparkling on arrival before tour of the region’s oldest vines, planted in 1967 by pioneer and Vasse Felix founder Dr Tom Cullity. After your stroll through the old vines, you’ll gain exclusive access to The Vault - home of the historic Vasse Felix wine museum - for this special tasting featuring Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. Your host will guide you through current vintages, sharing insights into Margaret River Cabernet and Chardonnay, including folklore surrounding the region’s first Cabernet (the 1972 Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon), and cellaring advice. Your cellar experience will conclude with a tasting of an historic Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon selected for your enjoyment by our Estate Sommelier. Following the tasting, your experience continues upstairs in the Vasse Felix restaurant, where you’ll enjoy the ultimate treat of three courses from the a la carte menu showcasing local produce, paired with wines including a glass of back vintage Cabernet Sauvignon as enjoyed during your tasting.
• Vasse Felix Winery, Cnr Tom Cullity Drive & Caves Road, Cowaramup, Western Australia WA 6284 Australia
• Entree - Kingfish, fenugreek, maesil
• Main - Pork, pepper, scallop, wakame
• Dessert - Kombu cheesecake, truffle
Departure Point :Vasse Felix, 4357 Caves Rd, Wilyabrup WA 6280, Australia
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair access to the museum and restaurant is restricted; please contact Vasse Felix to discuss alternative restaurant dining options.
- Guests will be seated by booking in the restaurant (not as a group)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- As alcohol is served all guests must be over the age of 18 years. Photo identification may be required.
- Most travelers can participate
- The walking component of this tour is subject to weather conditions. As the walking component of this tour includes a walk through the vineyards, we recommend wearing comfortable enclosed footwear and a jacket.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Vasse Felix is adhering to the COVID-19 Hospitality Hygiene requirements as specified by the Western Australian State Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.