Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Audio Tour on your Phone (without ticket)
Experience at your own pace the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel and explore their extensive collection with a fascinating audio tour on your smartphone.
Set out on a riveting journey through religious history and art and enjoy the marvelous view. Once you’ve marveled at the alluring beauty of the bronze pinecone statue, you will re-enter the Museums and explore sites of mesmerizing beauty, such as the Greek Cross Room, the Gallery of the Candelabras, Raphael’s Rooms, the Gallery of the Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the contemporary art apartments among many more as well as the Sistine Chapel, where you'll marvel at Michelangelo's masterpiece "The Creation of Adam".
This tour offers an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the exhibits through an engrossing storytelling concept.
* Ticket/entrance fee to the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel is not included
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Αctivation link to access your audio tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Bronze Pinecone Statue:
Once you’ve scanned your ticket and passed the turnstiles, you will walk up the stairs to enjoy the view and head left after the stairs to enter the pinecone courtyard. There, you will enjoy a welcoming breath of fresh air as you admire the famed Pigna, the ancient bronze sculpture that stands imposingly in the Cortile della Pigna!
Gallery of Maps:
Holding your breath in awe, you’ll explore at your own pace the stunning Gallery of Maps as you listen to exciting stories about the world’s most precious collection of gigantic, geographical drawings.
Raphael’s rooms are, naturally, among the highlights of the Vatican. As you admire the intricately detailed frescos of the Umbrian master, you’ll see major moments of religious history coming alive.
Duration: 38 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
You’ll enjoy a grand finale of the tour in the Sistine Chapel, one of the greatest treasures of world heritage. Michelangelo's iconic chef-d'oeuvre "The Creation of Adam" will cast its timeless spell on you, as your audio tour immerses you in the secrets of a masterpiece that broke the conventions of Renaissance art.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5/29/2019 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Saturday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Sistine Chapel, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please consider that admission fees for the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel are not included
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email through Viator, from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak at th Vatican City. So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline.
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space. (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- Kindly note that to enter the Vatican museums you need to showcase your ID or passport
- All visitors go through a security check-in
- The Vatican Museums are wheelchair accessible offering free wheelchairs (subject to availability). Kindly note that to hire a wheelchair, it is necessary to present your ID and a deposit at the Reception desks in the hall of the Museums
- Please consider that parts of the Museums covered by the audio tour are not wheelchair accessible
- Vatican Museums opening hours: Monday to Saturday: 9:00 to 6:00pm. Last entrance time, 4:00pm. Last Entrance into the Sistine Chapel 5:30pm. From April to October, the it is also open in the evenings from 7-11pm. Some sections, however, such as the Pinacoteca, are closed. Vatican is closed on Sundays and religious holidays
- Please note that the museums' hours and closures may change due to special events
- Most travelers can participate
- Non refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Bring your own headphones.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.