Vatnajökull Ice Climbing
If you are an adventurous person looking for a challenge, ice climbing on a glacier is definitely worth experiencing!
Climbing up blue glacial ice is a unique and surreal feeling that is easily achievable here in Southern Iceland. Safety is our highest priority at all times so we will ensure that all risks are mitigated as well as providing you with an exhilarating experience.
Discover the beauty of Iceland’s largest glaciers and highest volcanoes with professional guides that focus on providing the highest possible standard of experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Crampons, Helmet, Harness, Ice Axes, Ropes
What's excluded :
- Waterproof clothing, boots, gloves, transport
The tour begins with an introduction to the glacier via a short hike through the valley toward the ice. Upon reaching the ice you will be shown how to correctly strap crampons onto your boots. The ice adventure really begins with hiking across the glacier to a suitable area to cover the techniques and instruction on how to ice climb efficiently. You will have the opportunity to practice ice climbing and refine your technique so you can progress throughout the day on different climbing locations.
Our ice climbing trips are flexible and we will tailor the trip to suit your individual style. We can make the climbing nice and easy or we can make the climbing steep and challenging - it’s up to you! It's all about having a good time!
• Vatnajokull National Park, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point :Freysnes, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.