Vegan Cooking Class Colombo with Market Tour
Taste Sri Lankan Vegan Food and Clay pot Cooking in Colombo. During your 2 hours Pre-dinner outing you’ll explore one of the famous Local market in Colombo with your host. You will learn how to order ingredients & vegetable like a local while exploring the ethics of local market. Enjoy traditional Sri Lankan clay pot Cooking techniques and tactics which are not explained (or rather cannot be explained) in cook books. it`s time to learn and enjoy four course meal.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (Beers)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- You will be welcome by freshly made fruit juice or a herbal drink, wander around the Villa & Check in to your room and get yourself refreshed & prepared for the market visit. local market will be a unique experience . It is similar to European Eco shops. Sri Lanka`s grandmas picked fresh vegetables from their back yard soon before the preparation. Without visiting local market, you won`t have a deep understanding how to pick right vegetables, spices and other stuff properly.
Cooking with Claypot is a unique experience. Clay pottery has been one of the oldest crafts in the country. A technically made and well-seasoned clay pot makes food tender and flavorful. The porous walls absorb water, which prevents food from going dry – therefore useful for long slow cooking. Researches have proved, food cooked in clay pots can be preserved for long as it has antibacterial acidic moisture.
Explore Secrets Behind the Sri Lankan Kitchen. There are thousands of different types of curries in Sri Lanka, for which a vast variety of cooking techniques and ingredients are used. Sri Lankans are experts at using different cooking methods to produce totally different tastes. Sometimes, even locals can be confused by the cooking style if it is not easy to recognize by the usual color, aroma and taste.
Your cozy Villa is located in Capital of Sri Lanka, Walking distance to Sri Lankan Democratic Parliament, Immigration Office and beautiful Diyawanna lake. you will be free from hustle & bustle of the city & will be listening to the bird songs. This is the green belt of Colombo. 9km from City Center & at the exit of the expressway to the Colombo Airport. Here you will spend overnight with free breakfast.
Recipes You will learn & Enjoy:
** CHOOSE ONE OF DELICIOUS SRI LANKAN RICES
✯ White Rice
✯ Yellow Rice
✯ Brown Rice
** DELICIOUS SRI LANKAN TRADITIONAL CURRIES **
✯ Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
✯ Sri Lankan Dhal curry
✯ Sri Lankan Coconut Sambol
✯ Sri Lankan Potato Curry
✯ Fried Mushroom
** CHOOSE ONE OF DELICIOUS SRI LANKAN MALLUM (LEAFY SALAD)**
✯ Gova Mallum
✯ Kankun Mallum
✯ Aguna Kola Mallum
** Taste a Local beer & Mineral Water
** Super tasty Buffalo curd with Honey/ ** Tropical Fruits
Departure Point :Rustic Tour Guide, Cemetery Rd, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte 10100, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
we can pick up guest within city limit and we can arrange airport pick up at 32USD
Departure Time :3.00pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.