Veliko Tarnovo and Hotnitsa Waterfall Full-day Tour
Enjoy a full-day tour to Veliko Tarnovo -one of the highlights of Bulgaria and Hotnitsa Waterfall – described by many as piece of Heaven.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: BulTrips, Sofia Bulgaria
Veliko Tarnovo is situated on the northern slopes of Stara Planina, amidst the meanders of Yantra River.
The city is one of the oldest in Bulgaria and has been continuously inhabited since 5th millennium BC, therefore many different cultures like the ancient Thracian, Roman and Byzantine contributed to the historical and cultural heritage of the city. Without a doubt however, the most noticeable marks have been left by the Medieval Bulgarians, as the city is former capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396). From this period are most of the highlights of the city which you will have the chance to explore. Admiration is provoked as well by the typical architecture from the National Revival period (XVIII-XIX) – houses from stone and wood, scattered along the slopes and narrow, cobblestone streets.
Hotnitsa Waterfall is a natural wonder, located approximately 20 km from Veliko Tarnovo. Visiting this place is breathtaking experience. It is perfect for a walk as there is a short walking trail nearby, which goes along the river bed. It’s suitable just for relaxation as well with benches to sit and praise the beauty of the nature.
Itinerary: The tour starts with pick up from your hotel/accommodation in Sofia. After approximately 2 and a half hours’ drive we will reach Veiko Tarnovo. There we will visit the medieval fortress and have a walk in the old quarter of the city. After short transfer we will arrive at Hotnitsa Waterfall where you will have time to walk around or just relax. Drive back to Sofia. The tour ends with drop off at you hotel/accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.