Veliko Tarnovo - Arbanassi - Shipka Memorial Church - private tour from Plovdiv
Explore the picturesque Veliko Turnovo, the capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom, boasting of many historical monuments including the imposing medieval fortress Tsarevets and the nearby Arbanassi - one of Bulgaria's most remarkable historic villages.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Tsarevets Fortress (3 EUR) - optional, Church of the Nativity of Christ entrance fee (3 EUR), Konstantsalieva house entrance fee (3 EUR)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shipka, Shipka, Stara Zagora Province
Shipka Memorial Churchis an outstanding Bulgarian Orthodox temple built between 1885 and 1902 in Shipka town at the foothills of the Balkan Range. The Shipka Monument complex is dedicated to the Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian soldiers who died for the liberation of Bulgaria in the Russo – Turkish War in 1877-78.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Arbanasi, Arbanasi, Veliko Tarnovo Province
Arbanassi is one of Bulgaria’s most remarkable villages. It is known for the rich history and large number of historical monuments, such as 17-th and 18-th century churches and examples of Bulgarian National Revival architecture. We discover the oldest church in the village – Nativity of Christ (1637 – 1649), dug into the ground without a belfry and with hidden cupola. This impressive monument, fully painted from the inside is a genuine art gallery of murals with over 3 500 stunningly realistic figures and Biblical scenes, painted by unknown artists throughout the ages. Our next stop is the Konstantsalieva house museum originally built in the 17-th century and beautifully restored in National Revival style. It reflects not only the wealth of the owners but also the attention to detail and the quality craftsmanship of that time.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo Province
One of the most amazing landmarks of Bulgaria is its former capital Veliko Tarnovo (population: 71 000). The charming town is amphitheatrically situated at 210 m a. s. l. on the Yantra River. The historical capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom attracts many tourists with its unique architecture and beautiful landscapes. The first site we explore in town is the imposing Tsarevets Fortress – a medieval stronghold located on a hill with the same name.Tsarevets served as Bulgarian Empire’s primary fortress and strongest bulwark from 1185 to 1393. Then we go for a walk along the lovely Veliko Tarnovo main street, the picturesque Gourko Street and the authentic Samovodska Charshiya Street in the Old Town where we see some crafts exhibits, pieces of art and traditional souvenirs.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Оur company applies all the COVID-19 connected Bulgarian and European Union regulations for safe travelling. All our guides and drivers wear protective masks and gloves during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.