Veliko Turnovo and Arbanassi Private Day Tour From Sofia
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to go back in time to the amazing medieval period of Europe? Our day tour to Veliko Turnovo and Arbanassi is the best option to feel the turbulent past of the Second Bulgarian empire, which had ruled the Balkan peninsula between 12th and 14th century and learn the incredible stories of the life of the Assenevi dynasty. Our day tour to Veliko Turnovo from Sofia is the best option for everybody, who wants to explore the history of Bulgaria in deep details.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees for Tsarevets Fortress
- Entrance fee for Arbanassi church and Konstantsaliev's house
- Entry/Admission - Tsarevets
- Entry/Admission - Arbanassi
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tsarevets, Tsar Asen Square, Veliko Tarnovo 5000 Bulgaria
Our tour will start very early in the morning. At 8am our guide will pick you up from your hotel to start the 3 hours journey to Bulgaria's medieval capital. On the way we will cross the Balkan range and admire its amazing beauty. No matter what season is, the Balkan mountains will reveal to you all its majesty.
At 11am we will park our car very close to the main gate of the medieval fortress. From here the next two hours will be dedicated to the history of the Second Bulgarian empire, the Assenevi dynasty, the glory and the fall of the kingdom. In the fortress we will learn in deep details every part of the intriguing history of the country between 12th and 14th century, while exploring the ruins of the Baldwin tower, the Royal Palace and the Patriarch assembly. In the end we will finish with the rock of executions, where the traitors of the country were pushed to meet their doom.
After the fortress we will head towards one lovely craft street in the center of Veliko Turnovo to buy some souvenirs, before we proceed for a nice lunch in a small restaurant just above the banks of Yantra river.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Arbanassi, 5029 Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
At 14.30pm we will proceed towards Arbanassi, a small village, located just 2 km from Veliko Turnovo. Here we will see 'Nativity of Christ' church and Konstantsaliev's house before we depart back to Sofia and see how the people in the area had lived after the arrival of the Ottomans, learn about their traditions and culture.
At 19.30pm approximately we will arrive at your hotel with lovely memories from the day.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups are from your hotel in Sofia. Please provide the name of the hotel at the time of booking to be able to arrange a pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 3 people per booking
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.