Venice Carnival Mask-Making Class
If you want to live a real experience in the heart of Venice that's the right choice!
A Venetian Master Artisan will explain to you, in 1 hour course, the traditional art of making or decorating a mask, an artistic personal event which will make you live the preparation for the Venetian Carnival.
Create your own unique masterpiece and following your artistic streak, a special memory of an amazing experience and keep your artistic creation of the most emblematic icon of Venice!
An unconventional and handcrafted moment to live with your family or friends!
If you want e personal class, you can choose the private option (up 3 persons).
per adult from
What's included :
- Course of production (you will keep the produced mask) and/or Course of decoration (you will keep the decorated mask)
- All necessary paints and supplies
- Live commentary
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Marco 596 Venetian Masks, S. Marco, 596, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
A Venetian master artisan will explain you the ancient technique of making a Venetian papier-mâché mask providing information about the use of masks in Venice during past centuries. At the end of the course, you will keep the mask as a very special souvenir to bring back home.
In case of mask production, you shall return to the laboratory after a few hours to collect the mask since it takes time to dry, the created mask will not be decorated.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Chiesa di San Zulian (Giuliano), Campo S. Zulian 605, 30124 Venice Italy
The mask workshop is just behind the marvelous church of San Zulian
Departure Point :San Marco 596 Venetian Masks, S. Marco, 596, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is shared otherwise you choose the private option
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- If you book the Course of production and decoration: The mask needs 6 hours to dry therefore you have to book the decoration course 6 hours after the production course.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned, and the tour will leave with small groups.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment. We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.