Venice Gondola Ride and Skip the Line Basilica Tour
The tour is divided into two parts. In the first part your will join a Gondola Ride in a shared gondola (up to 6 people per gondola) through the Gran Canal and through the picturesque minor canals. The Gondola Ride is not guided and it ends with the landing at the departure station. The second part of the tour consists of a guided visit of the Basilica: without queuing you will admire the golden Mosaics and the very famous Golden Pale. The guide will tell you the history of the Byzantine cathedral and give you complete explanations about its precious interiors.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fee
- Shared gondola ride
- Entry/Admission - Gondola Bauer
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- The Gondola Ride is not guided
- Pick up and drop off
- Food or drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gondola Bauer, Calle Larga XXII Marzo, 2091/b, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
This tour is divided into two parts.
From a centrally located meeting point you will enjoy a view of the city from the water.
You will be assisted in boarding the Gondola, one of the most recognized symbols of Venice - up to 6 people per Gondola - at the landing stage of San Moisè.
Experience how the locals were transported by these beautiful black, elegant rowing boats, throughout history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Once disembarked from the Gondola, you will need to make your way back to the Clock tower of Venice, in Saint Mark’s Square, and from there will be accompanied to the Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d'Oro, an altarpiece made of gold and silver and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Calle larga de l'Ascension, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Saint Mark's Basilica, P.za San Marco, 328, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women inside the St Mark's Basilica
- Backpacks and large bags are NOT allowed inside the church
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.