Venice in a Day Tour with St Mark's, Doge's Palace and Gondolas
If you want to make sure you cover the highlights of Venice, this full day tour is your best choice. If you’re only spending a few days in Venice, covering the best attractions in a single day is a smart idea. That way, you can spend the remainder of your time in Venice sipping Prosecco by the canals. This tour includes stops at St Mark’s Basilica and Square, the Rialto Bridge, Doge’s Palace (including Casanova’s prison cell), a half hour gondola ride and plenty of hidden gems along the way. A lunch break is scheduled into the tour - we would never let you go hungry in Italy!
per adult from
What's included :
- Gondola ride
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group size, maximum 18 participants
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Your Venice in a Day Tour begins in St. Mark’s Square, Venice’s central public plaza. Your guide will teach you the history of this iconic piazza, home to St. Mark’s Basilica.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Known as “The Church of Gold”, St. Mark’s Basilica’s elaborate design features gold mosaics and marble slabs. Skip the line during the busy summer months and learn about the basilica’s storied history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
After your visit to St. Mark’s Basilica, you’ll follow your local guide through Venice’s back alleyways to the iconic Rialto Bridge. Learn history and lore surrounding this gorgeous bridge as you cross into Venice’s popular Rialto neighborhood. Don’t forget to ask your guide for information on the neighborhood’s best eateries and wine bars so you can return later.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canal, 30100 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
When experiencing Venice, you absolutely must ride a gondola. We’ve included this experience in our Venice in a Day tour. As the first part of the tour concludes, your tour guide will bring you to a trusted Venice gondolier who will take you on a scenic cruise down Venice’s beautiful canals. After experiencing this bucket list moment, you’ll break for lunch.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
After lunch, explore the fascinating Doge's Palace, or "Duke's Palace." This Palace used to be the home of Venice's public admisnistration. At the same time, it operated as a prison, where some of Venice's criminals saw their last days. Explore the fascinating artwork of the Doge's Palace, and get a glimpse of the famous Bridge of Sighs, the bridge that connects Doge's Palace to its prison.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Doge's Palace, P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Since we will be entering a church, please make sure that your shoulders and knees are covered. Also, please refrain from bringing big back packs or bags, because they are not always allowed inside.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Our number 1 priority is for our customers to feel 100% safe during their experience with us. This is why we have implemented: -reduced group sizes, -enforce social distancing - masks are mandatory for both customers and guides - guides bring hand sanitizer with them for our customers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.