Venice Market and Cicchetti Semi-Private Food Experience
In this truly Venetian 3 hour gastronomic experience, you will enjoy a semi private group of only 6 people accompanied by an expert local guide, with whom you will revel in Venice's centuries old culinary traditions. In this foodie adventure you will explore the ancient Venetian fish market, learn how the locals shop and bargain for their ingredients, sip on delicious prosecco as you taste the famous cicchetti (Venetian snacks), take a short ride on a classic gondolino, and end the adventure with a sit down lunch featuring the best and most classic dishes of the Venetian culinary tradition. You better come hungry!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Food and Drink tasting
- Sit down Lunch
- Gondolino ride across the canal
- Truly Small Group of 6 people
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
You will meet your guide and begin your small group semi-private tour at the antique Rialto Fish Market, a UNESCO preserved patrimony, and one of the most ancient and picturesque parts of the city! Venice culinary traditions are much centred around seafood, the great majority of which has been (and still is) delivered to this antique market for centuries. As you explore the stands, listen to the sounds of the market, observe locals as they bargain, and see a phenomenal variety of seafood (perhaps even some you've never seen before!), you will surely feel like a true Venetian.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Venice, Venice, Veneto
Thirsty and hungry for a snack after your market experience? No problem! Following your opening adventure you will then stroll through the city, taste cicchetti and sip on prosecco at two of Venice's most authentic cicchetti bars. Cicchetti are classic Venetians finger food snacks that the locals eat from mid morning throughout the day and which are usually accompanied by prosecco.
At this point it will almost be lunch time! Hop on a gondolino (a small gondola) and cross the canal to enjoy a sit down lunch featuring all the classics of Venetian culinary tradition! By the end of this extravagant food experience you will definitely feel like a local yourself, and are sure to bring back some ever lasting memories, in your taste buds too!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Campo San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and has always been sustainable. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.