Venice: Special Evening Food & Wine Tour of the Jewish Ghetto with Foodie Guide
One of the many ways to get to know a new culture, is by tasting its traditional food. In Venice, not only you can discover the Venetian traditions, but also the Jewish ones. In fact the majority of the Jewish population used to live in the district that is today known as the Jewish ghetto.
With a local English-speaking guide, you will discover old traditions where the Venetian and Jewish culture blend together perfectly. The tour will start in the Cannareggio quarter.
Next you will reach the Old Ghetto and explore the old traditions that are kept alive to this day. Once in the Jewish Ghetto you will taste some Sarde al Saor and Artichoke bottoms, all combined with some delicious wine. Last but not least, you will stop in an antique bakery to taste some typical desserts and biscuits, such as: Zaeti and Brunarelli. No Kosher food.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tastings
- Local English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cannaregio, Venice Italy
Your tour takes you across Cannaregio, which is home to an abundance of canals, Gothic churches, dainty bridges, and so much more.
Pass By: Campo del Ghetto, 30121 Venice Italy
The Jewish Ghetto in Venetian dialect is called “Gheto Vecio”. Here you will see the Rabbi’s house and historic synagogues (outside), and taste traditional Jewish-Venetian dishes.
Departure Point :Gam Gam, Cannaregio, 1122, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Campo Santa Margherita, 3032/a, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.