Venice: walking tour, Doge's Palace and the Golden Basilica – Guided tour
Join to the half day tour in the heart of Venice: walking tour of Piazza San Marco and visit to the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica.
The guided visit begins in Piazza San Marco where you will discover the history of the main highlights and, then proceeds until Rialto bridge, admiring the lovely spots and fascinating place as Campo Santa Maria Formosa and Basilica of S. Giovanni and Paolo.
Later, the guide will bring you inside the marvelous Doge’s Palace with the fine decorated halls of power, the Golden Staircase and the most famous artworks of Tiepolo. Cross the infamous Bridge of Sighs to reach the old prisons where only Casanova managed to escape!
The last but not the least point of the visit is the breathtaking St. Mark’s Basilica: enter inside the Basilica to see its golden mosaics! Discover its secrets, history and admire the many artworks as the five domes covered by gold.
Enjoy the audio guide to visit more than 200 Venice highlights by yourself!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided walking tour of Piazza San Marco and Venice city
- Guided tour of Doge's Palace and St. Mark Basilica
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square.
- Skip the line entrace to Doge's Palace and Basilica of Saint Mark
- Ticket valid to visit by yourself the Palaces in St. Mark's Square
- Acces to the Bridge of Sighs and the Piombi Prisons.
- Mobile audio guide with commentary for a self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
- Entrace to the San Marco Museum and the Basilica Terrace
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Learning about the past of this charming city while walking along the historical streets of Venice!
Walk through the Piazza San Marco with a qualified and experienced guide in order to learn Venetian history before the viewing of the main monuments in this area, including the Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. You will admire Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great School of Charity before viewing Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Visit the stunning Rialto Bridge with its traditional market.
Coming back to San Marco through the main shopping area known as Mercerie!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
The Palazzo Ducale has been for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In its splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of painting masterpieces, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate for thousand-years in the old Republic. You’ll live it together with a guide who will show you the halls of power, plunging you into a very special historical context: the European Middle Ages. You’ll be surprised by the details of the gold staircase and of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
Relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Follow a tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world. Learning about byzantine art and its religious background while taking a glimpse at the gold mosaics and marble floors.
After the visit of the Basilica you will have the opportunity to visit a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark’s Square where you can see a Glass Craftsman at work. Please note this is a free of charge optional tour of approximately 20 minutes and it is not a part of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square as known as Procuratie. You will discover the Venetian way of life, Venetian paintings, library, coinage, sculpture. You will go back directly to the secrets of Venetian Empire and you will visit the area built by Napoleon and the rooms restored for Sissi Empress Austria
Departure Point :1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unexpected religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- You must download the audio guide with digital map on your mobile phone.
- You will receive the audio guide with digital map by e-mail. If you have any problems with this, please come to Venice Tours office (San Marco 1130) for assistance.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to the security reason, luggage and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica
- Most travelers can participate
- Admire mosaics, the San Marco Museum and enjoy a breathtaking overview of St. Mark's Square from the Terrace.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment. We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.