Veragua Rainforest and Tortuguero Canals Shore Excursion
Enjoy the wildlife of Veragua Rainforest and the Tortuguero Canals in this shore excursion. Right outside the cruise port, an experienced guide will be waiting for you to start the tour in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Enjoy the Veragua Rainforest Full Tour (entrance fee NOT included) and its variety of wildlife attractions: reptile habitat, butterfly garden, frog habitats, insectarium, biological research station and the aerial tram are some of the highlights. At the Tortuguero Canals, experience a one-hour boat ride on a covered boat. Don’t miss the chance to take pictures of sloths, monkeys, iguanas, tropical birds and more biodiversity of the region.
Going back, watch most of Puerto Limon’s town from a scenic viewpoint, while your guide shares some of the history and culture of Costa Rica’s Caribbean province. You can also choose to visit a supermarket to purchase some Costa Rican coffee and other local goods at a fair price. Finally, it will be time to return to the cruise port.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water - Bottled water and juice
- Tortuguero Canals boat ride
- Entry/Admission - Tortuguero Canal
What's excluded :
- Veragua Rainforest admission fee is NOT INCLUDED
- Entry/Admission - Veragua Rainforest Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Veragua Rainforest Park, Brisas de Veragua, 12 km South from the Liverpool Entrance on the Highway to Limon, Puerto Limon 70101 Costa Rica
Enjoy Veragua Rainforest Full Tour and take a look into a variety of wildlife attractions: reptile habitat, butterfly garden, frog habitats, insectarium, biological research station and the aerial tram ride are some of the highlights. IMPORTANT: Admission fee NOT included (72 USD per adult, 60 USD per child)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tortuguero Canal Terminal de Cruceros Japdeva Cruise Terminal, Puerto Limon 70101 Costa Rica
Travel for one hour across the Tortuguero Canals in a covered boat, with a tour guide that will show you the flora and fauna. You'll learn interesting facts about the wildlife and region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Puerto Limon, Puerto Limon, Province of Limon
Enjoy a brief city tour around Limon's town, where your guide will share some of the culture and history of this port. You will also visit a viewpoint, a great opportunity to take a panoramic picture of the town and the ship docks.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mas X Menos, Calle 3, Limón, Costa Rica
A short stop by a local grocery store, where you can purchase Costa Rican coffee or other goods at fair prices if you want to, and can also learn about the general cost of living in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Terminal Hernan Garron Salazar - JAPDEVA, Principio de la ruta 32,, Limón, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are a cruise ship passenger, we recommend to meet us as soon as possible after your ship arrives and you have permission to get off the ship. You will find us outside the cruise ship terminal exit gates, which will be 150 - 350 meters (160 - 380 yards) away depending on your ship's size, for most ships it is just 150 meters (160 yards). Look for our sign with the logo RELAX DAY TOURS. We will send you more details and a clarification image through Viator's messenger, please read it. If not a cruise ship passenger, we will coordinate with you through Viator's messenger.Ports
- Terminal Hernán Garrón Salazar, Limon, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/19/2020 - 4/16/2021
9/19/2021 - 4/16/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:30 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.