Vereda do Larano Walk
The walk starts in the Levada dos Maroços, so the first part of the route is easy walking along a Levada followed with Mimosa trees and agricultural lands. After enjoying the fantastic views over Machico city, we go up a trail to reach the viewpoint of Boca do Risco, where a superb of the Atlantic Ocean as well as the Ponta de São Lourenço, the Penha d’Aguia and, if the weather permits, The Porto Santo Island.
We continue towards Porto da Cruz, by a coastal path with fascinating views and where you can observe some endemic specimens of Madeira. The route is quite narrow and vertiginous, being slippery during the wetter months, that’s why this trail is recommended for people used to walk on the mountain.
On our way to Porto da Cruz you can see one of the most iconic rock formations of Madeira, Penha D’Aguia. After our walk we will stop in the center of Porto da Cruz, here you can see the famous sugar cane mill
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and Drop off service
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
A hike that connects Porto da Cruz to Machico on the north coast of Madeira Island. This a Difficult level 12KM walk, that takes about 3.5 hours to do it, and the tourist will use a path once used by local people to travel between these two locations.
Also, offers breathtaking views of the north coast of the Island; and also, adventurous coastal path above the sea
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Funchal, Av. Sá Carneiro 3, 9000-019 Funchal, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.