Vereda do Larano Walking Tour
This walk connects Machico to Porto da Cruz through an old footpath once used by the local people to move from one place to another to do exchange business. This was a path once used by local people to travel between these two locations that offers breathtaking views of the north coast of the island and with an adventurous coastal path above the sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Official Mountain Guide
- Insurance (Required by Portuguese law)
What's excluded :
- Any other thing not in the included list
- The walk starts in the Levada dos Maroços, so the first part of the route is easy walking along a levada followed with Mimosa trees and agricultural lands.
After enjoying the fantastic views over Machico city, we go up a trail to reach the viewpoint of Boca do Risco, where a superb view awaits us over the Atlantic Ocean as well as the Ponta de São Lourenço. The Penha d’Aguia and, if the weather permits, The Porto Santo Island. Stunning, don’t you think so?
After a short stop to refresh, we continue our walk towards Porto da Cruz, by a coastal path with fascinating views and where you can observe some endemic specimens of Madeira.
The route is quite narrow and vertiginous, being slippery during the wetter months, that’s why this trail is recommended for people used to walk on the mountain.
On our way to Porto da Cruz you can see one of the most iconic rock formations of Madeira, Penha D'Aguia, prepare your camera for sure you will want to immortalize this moment in a photograph.
After our walk we will stop in the center of Porto da Cruz, here you can see the famous sugar cane mill, where they extract the juice of the sugar cane for the confection of the brandy “aguardente” or of the honey cane that will lead to to our typical honey cake.
Departure Point :Porto da Cruz
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Machico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable clothes/ shoes for hike
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.