Verona like a local: tour and wine tasting in an Osteria
Walk though the magic city of Verona and visit some of its most famous places as well as some sites that can only be discovered with a local guide. Stop in an ancient typical osteria (wine bar) to enjoy an excellent wine tasting!
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- expert tour guide
- wine tasting
What's excluded :
- entrance to museums, churches and palaces
- This tour will start from the 2,000 year-old Arena, the Roman amphitheatre built some 50 years before the Colosseum of Rome to host fights between gladiators and between men and beasts. Following your local guide you will walk along Via Mazzini, the main shopping street of Verona, where the 19th century Loggia Arvedi is to be found, and you will get to the famous Juliet's House, where you can see the inside courtyard with the famous balcony and the statue.
Then, passing through other internal courtyards you'll reach the Scavi Scaligeri and the Porta dei Bombardieri. Look up to spot the Lamberti Tower in Piazza dei Signori, the 15th century Loggia di Fra'Giocondo, the 14th century Palazzo del Tribunale.
Explore the beautiful Piazza Erbe, the ancient Roman Forum. There you can see the "Berlina", the place where criminals were exposed and the Fountain of Madonna Verona, (symbol of the city).
During the tour your guide will take you to a traditional historical "Osteria" (Wine bar) to taste some good local wines (red or white, your choice) together with some light snacks.
• Arena di Verona, Piazza Bra 1, 37121, Verona Italy
• Casa di Giulietta, Via Cappello 23, 37121, Verona Italy
• Torre dei Lamberti, Piazza dei Signori Via della Costa 1, 37121, Verona Italy
• Piazza delle Erbe, 37121, Verona Italy
• Lunch - Local lunch in a typical "osteria".
Departure Point :Piazza Bra, Verona VR, Italy
Departure Time :1:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- please note that this is a walking tour, no transportation is included
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- only people older than 18 can do the wine tasting
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.