Versailles Marie Antoinette Afternoon Guided Tour with Petit Trianon & Hamlet
Treat yourself to an afternoon excursion to Marie Antoinette’s personal domain, tucked away in the beautiful gardens of the Palace of Versailles. During this three-hour tour you’ll visit the Petit Trianon, an exquisite private palace set in a luxuriant garden where Marie Antoinette spent much of her time. You won’t want to miss her private theatre, known as ‘the jewel of Versailles’. You’ll also wander through the queen’s hamlet, a Normandy village featuring a vineyard, a dairy, and a vegetable farm, all built especially for her to simulate the healthy simplicity of country life.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided visit of the Petit Trianon, Marie-Antoinette’s private mansion
- Guided visit of Marie-Antoinette’s gardens and private hamlet
- Peek into her personal theatre, known as the ‘jewel of Versailles
- Ride on the 'Petit Train' to and from the Petit Trianon
- Expert, English speaking guides
- Small groups limited to 20 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Entry/Admission - Le Petit Trianon
- Entry/Admission - Hameau de Marie Antoinette
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Petit Trianon, Porte de la Reine, 78000, Versailles France
Millions of visitors come each year to marvel at the glory the Palace of Versailles, but for most of them the experience is limited to the State Apartments and the distant perspective of the gardens. With your expert and entertaining guide, you have the rare opportunity to really make the period and the personalities come to life by continuing your visit into more exclusive areas. Explore the surprising atmospheres and art hidden in the garden’s many groves. Distance the crowds and access areas reserved for the private lives and loves of the royalty.
With a diamond-encrusted key, Louis XVI offered his beloved wife Marie Antoinette an escape from the ritualized public life she found so suffocating in the Palace. This key unlocked the small Petit Trianon palace, sheltered from gossip and criticism, where she could feel free to be herself. Follow in her footsteps, through her English gardens and into the place she called home. The furniture and decoration authentically represents the queen’s own taste and favored craftsmen. You won’t forget Marie Antoinette’s private theatre, a hidden jewel of Versailles, installed so the queen herself could star in popular plays applauded by her fashionable ladies-in-waiting!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hameau de Marie Antoinette, Palacio de Versailles No Territorio Do Palacio, Ao Lado Dos Jardins, 78000, Versailles France
Just down the path from the richly adorned palace, Marie Antoinette commissioned a replica rustic village, evoking Normandy with its thatched cottages and dairy herd. Here she appreciated the informal atmosphere and healthy air, and indulged in pastoral amusements with her closest friends and confidantes.
The Petit Trianon is a world away from the main Palace at Versailles. Make the most of your visit and spend an enchanting afternoon in the private world of Marie Antoinette.
Please note we will use the 'Petit Train' to take us to and from the Petit Trianon, to ensure your visit is comfortable and to reduce the amount of walking. From the drop off at the Palace it is just a short walk back to the RER train station for your direct train back to Paris.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pavillon Dufour, 78000 Versailles, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A reasonable amount of walking is involved, please ensure you wear comfortable shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are compliant with international, government and local protocols and have received the stamps of approval: ‘Safe Travels’ Global Tour Operator protocol, ‘Caring Attitude’ Paris Tourism Commitment Charter. Our guides are informed of all measures that should be implemented during our visits.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.