Versailles Palace and Gardens Tour by Train from Paris with Skip-the-Line
Join this half-day tour to the prestigious Palace of Versailles and Gardens. Walk in the footsteps of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. See the Hall of Mirrors, lavish staterooms, and beautiful gardens. Your English-speaking guide will lend their expertise to enhancing the experience with historical facts and interesting anecdotes. Take the RER train from Paris and enjoy skip-the-line access, a real time-saver.
per adult from
What's included :
- Musical Gardens or Fountain Show (operates on weekend from April through October
- Round-trip transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- Fully accredited English-speaking guides
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Fully guided visit to the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette’s hamlet (if option selected)
- All reservations and entrance fees to the Palace of Versailles, with skip the line timed entance.
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Entry/Admission - Le Petit Trianon
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fully guided visit to the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette’s hamlet (unless option selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Meet your guide in central Paris and enjoy a short, escorted train ride to Versailles. On arrival, let them take you on a journey in the footsteps of the Kings and Queens of France. During the reign of Louis XIV - the Sun King - Versailles was the place to be and to be seen. Nowadays visitors from all over the world still come to Versailles to marvel at the splendours of this incredible palace. Our skip the line access allows you to bypass the long lines that form each day, and our friendly local guides will steer you expertly through the crowds, bringing the famous figures who once inhabited this palace back to life, and making sure you don’t miss a thing.
Learn how the Kings and Queens lived out their lavish lives in public, how they kept the gossiping courtiers under their thumb, and stole Italy’s thunder by making Versailles the artistic center of Europe. Discover a typical day in the life of Marie Antoinette; you’ll quickly understand why she hated the palace so much! Her opulent lifestyle here would ultimately lead to her tragic demise under the French Revolution; she left Versailles in 1789 never to return.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
See the dazzling Hall of Mirrors, and learn the secrets of how it came to be, and the fascinating goings on at the time of the royal court.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
After visiting the royal apartments inside the palace, your guide will lead you through the spectacular gardens, once the setting of balls, parties and elaborate firework displays. On fountain show days you will discover the amazing waterworks, still running today as they did in the times of Kings and Queens.
At the end of your tour you are free to return to Paris with your guide or to remain in Versailles at your leisure. Your guide will be happy to give you advice on further places to visit or where to enjoy a great meal in this beautiful royal city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Le Petit Trianon, Porte de la Reine, 78000, Versailles France
For those who have selected the option to visit the Petit Trianon, your guide will escort you there after a break for lunch. The Petit Trianon offers a unique insight into the private life of the royals at the Palace of Versailles. Hear how King Louis XVI presented a key encrusted in diamonds to his beloved wife, Marie Antoinette and admire the English-style gardens, as well as her beautiful private Hamlet, complete with vegetable gardens and thatched cottages, commissioned by the queen to replicate a Normandy village. Learn how she surrounded herself with farm animals so she could escape the court and play shepherdess, a far cry from her public persona. At the end of the tour, we will take the 'Petit Train' back to the palace, from where it's a short walk to the train station to return to Paris. Please note taking this option will turn your tour into a full day tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Javel, 75015 Paris, France
Return Detail :Château de Versailles, 78000 Versailles, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note the gardens are not optimal for people with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
- Our skip-the-line privilege does not extend to the security checkpoint
- Due to ongoing restoration work in the Palace, some rooms may not be available to visit. Should this be the case, our guides will replace those rooms so that your experience is complete.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.