Vertical Wine Tasting&History Countryside Tour from Budapest with Lunch and more
Explore Hungary's largest basilica before tasting the best wines of the region in a family-run vineyard. Afterwards, you will dine in a local restaurant for an authentic Hungarian dish, before sampling a traditional drink "Palinka". See the breathtaking view from the dome of the basilica, over the Danube Bend. Discover the artwork of the medieval masters. You can visit old wine cellars and some of the region best vineyard, where we organised a wine tasting for you from organic and ordinary wine selection. We will introduce to you the famous Hungarian spirit of Pálinka by samples of 4 different flavours, accompanied by the popular dish called Lecso. If there is one trip outside of Budapest for explorers, who likes wine, history and culture, that you should make a point of trying, its this!
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Snacks - For the wine tasting
- Lunch - A traditional hungarian dish called Lecso
- Bottled water - For Lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting 6 type of wine in the vineyard and 4 type of Palinka in restaurant after lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee or Tea after lunch
- Entry/Admission - Szivek pince
What's excluded :
- Visiting the Church is free of charge. Entry Charges: Panorama Hall 300HUF /ps ,Dome 700HUF/ps
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Szivek pince, Kesztölc, Csévi u. 17-15, 2517 Hungary
Viniculture and wine production have been an integral part of the Szivek family’s daily life for generations. The hearts in their logo design stand for the head of the family Gyula Szivek, and brothers György and Péter Szivek who put their heart and soul into the business. The small wine cellar blends the passion for winemaking with young dynamism and traditional values while aiming to present the complexity of the region. Here you can explorer the so-called cellar village of Kesztölc, Szivek wine cellar. Tasting they organic and ordinary wines with some snacks and stories, this intimate experience gives you an insider-peeks into the secrets behind each wine as you discuss with your host and the winemaker, the process behind each glass that you sip.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Esztergom Basilica / Cathedral, Castle Hill Szt. István tér, Esztergom 2500 Hungary
If there’s one sight outside Budapest that you should make a point of seeing, it’s this. Standing guard over the border formed by the Danube between Hungary and Slovakia, this iconic landmark features on local banknotes, its hallowed place in Hungarian history assured by the fact that the nation’s first king, Stephen I, is thought to have been crowned here, on Christmas Day, 1000. Hungary’s largest (Europe 5th) church – largest building, in fact – is a stately 19th-century rebuild of the original medieval cathedral. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Danube Bend from the top of the basilica. Admire the fine artwork of the medieval masters.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Csülök Csárda, Esztergom, Batthyány Lajos u. 9, 2500 Hungary
Welcome to the world of Hungarian specialities, The Csülök Csárda of Esztergom! Our restaurant is located in the historic environment, at the foot of the Basilica. In the cellar of the old house, we await guests with traditional and new specialities of the Hungarian cuisine. The cellar of the Csülök tavern had been carved by the liberation of Esztergom (1683) in the Middle Ages. Here you will have your lunch, the country's summer favourite dish: Lecso. After lunch, you can have some knowledge about Palinka making and tasting. The tasting included 4 different flavours of Palinkas!
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travellers at any centrally located hotel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.