Via Ferrata Split - Perun Tour from Split
Come join us on special mountain treks high above the Adriatic, with views usually experienced only by the best mountaineers! A via ferrata (iron way) route is an exposed alpine mountain trek which has been prepared with safety steel wire rope, eyebolts and iron steps. It makes difficult rock faces safely scalable by those without climbing experience. If you are in relatively good physical shape, with fine motor skills and a head for heights, you are all set to conquer a via ferrata trail.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Licensed instructor
- Harness with absorbica carabiners and helmet
- Transfer from Split to Podstrana and back
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Via ferrata Split - Perun runs along the rocky south side of Perun, just a 15 minute drive from Split city centre. It is 300 m long and rises 140 m. This via ferrata combines hiking and climbing, with great views of Split, the Adriatic sea and Croatian islands. It is fully equipped with steel wire ropes and iron steps in the steep and vertical places. Via ferrata Split - Perun includes exposed vertical parts and some vertical jumps of up to 12 m in height.
We will pick you up from Split city centre and drive 15 minutes to Podstrana. From there we start our hike up to the via ferrata route. Your mountain guides will do a safety briefing, and then assist you into the climbing equipment. We follow a steep mountain trail passing between olive groves and oak forest for about half an hour.
Finally we reach the bottom of the Perun cliff face. After another safety briefing and via ferrata equipment training, you are ready for the adventure. Embrace the rush with great views, vertical jumps and climbs. You emerge at the top of the cliff near an old army bunker from the Second World War. After a break we continue our hike to the peak (441 m) and the small church of St. Jure, dating from 14th century.
You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the surroundings before heading back down via an alternative mountain trail. Transport at the bottom will take us back to Split.
Departure Point :Split City center
Departure Time :08:00h or sunset tour (vary from 16:00 to 18:00)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear something comfy
- Wear running shoes
- Bring some water, sunscreen, hat and camera
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.