Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale Wine Region Day Tour
Spend a full day discovering the picturesque Victor Harbor and world renowned McLaren Vale wine region. This fully guided, small group tour will take you on a journey to discover the nature, wildlife and local produce of the Fleurieu Peninsula. Stopping at Victor Harbor for an island walk and open ocean boat cruise then onto McLaren Vale wine region to visit two iconic biodynamic wineries. This perfect blend delivers a touch of adventure, a hint of indulgence and a smattering of culture leaving you with a lasting impression of South Australia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small group tour (maximum 10)
- Experienced guide
- Local produce picnic lunch
- Seal Island boat tour (45 min)
- Biodynamic Gemtree wines tour
- Wine tasting
- Local produce platter.
- Return transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from Adelaide City accommodation
- d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realities Museum entry
- Entry/Admission - Waitpinga Beach
- Entry/Admission - d'Arenberg
- Entry/Admission - Gemtree Wines
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
After a complimentary city hotel pick up, ease in to your day’s adventure on a scenic drive to the south coast.
Stop At: Port Noarlunga Reef, Port Noarlunga, South Australia 5167 Australia
Travel through the city, along the coast and into the countryside of the Fleurieu Peninsula region. Take a quick coffee break at one of the quaint seaside towns.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Granite Island, Victor Harbor, South Australia 5211 Australia
On arrival at Victor Harbor revitalise with a stroll along the iconic causeway to the historic Granite Island. Be amazed by the breathtaking ocean views and nature of the local area. Sit down to a delicious picnic lunch provided by a sustainable local caterer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Waitpinga Beach, Dennis Road, Waitpinga, Victor Harbor, South Australia Australia
Meet your captain for a 45 minute open ocean boat cruise to Seal Island. As you cruise along witness the spectacular Waitpinga Cliffs and look out for an array of seabirds such as petrels, shearwaters and cormorants. With a bit of luck, the playful local dolphins may even pop up to say hello! Looping around Seal Island see Australian Sea Lions and Long-Nosed Fur Seals basking in the sun or frolicking in the water.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: d'Arenberg, Osborn Rd, McLaren Vale, South Australia 5171 Australia
After a short drive through McLaren Vale wine region arrive at d'Arenberg winery with time to explore the famous cube. Each of the five levels have been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses, including features such as a wine sensory room, virtual fermenter and many other tactile experiences in the Alternate Realities Museum.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gemtree Wines, 167 Elliott Rd, McLaren Flat, South Australia 5171 Australia
Next on to the eco friendly Gemtree wines. Enjoy a progressive wine tasting while learning about the biodynamic practices and philosophy behind this family owned property. Finish off the afternoon with a Vintner’s Platter and glass of Gemtree regional wine while admiring the expansive views across the vineyard. Relax and enjoy your afternoon drive back to Adelaide city.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 9.30am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 9.10am.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note that the boat cruise is operated by Big Duck boat tours. The maximum passenger capacity (27) is higher than that of the rest of your pureSA tour.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear clothing and footwear suitable for walking, noting that the tour includes an open ocean boat cruise.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- The boat cruise operates in the open ocean and wind and ocean swells can cause bumpy conditions. This cruise may be cancelled in inclement weather.
- The boat cruise is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.