Victorian Walk at HAZRATGUNGE (Hazratganj) lets you into its rich history, legacy and of course the marketplace that has evolved with times to cater the cultured and the elite of Lucknow. We take you on this walking tour, that includes a seated session to enjoy a Darjeeling Tea and some tea-time essentials. On this tour you will discover and rediscover Hazratganj of yore and will be able to compare it with the transformed Ganj of today. Understand the checkered history of Hazratganj from the mutiny days of 1857 till the second world war in 1939-45 and again till the Indian independence in 1947. Further on, you learn about how Hazratganj plays a pivotal role in people’s life and why the people of Lucknow take pride in being seen here.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Hazratganj
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. This can be arranged at an extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hazratganj, Lucknow India
Reach the walk start point and meet the Walk Leader who will conduct this walking tour narrating the story of how this market place evolved to witness the change in history. See some old and rare pictures from this area on this walk. Enjoy an afternoon tea with some tea time essentials at the end of this tour. This Walking Tour is well researched and carefully designed to combine the elements of history, in-depth knowledge of the British Raj, Evolution of a marketplace and a leisurely afternoon tea at the end.
• Walking bag with bottled water, wet-tissues, exclusive notes & map.
• Services of a Heritage Walk Leader.
• Electronic Tourist Guide System allows you to listen to the commentary of your Walk Leader even when not following him/her.
• Seated afternoon tea session.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Chikan Kurti | Chikan Saree - Chhangamal Ramsaran Garg Agencies ,ROHIA branded Chikan Store, 87, Chhangamal Chauraha, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Sushanpura, Hazratganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Fabindia Experience Center, 9, Rani Lakshmibai Marg, gemini continental hotel Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Hazratganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- If Hotel pickup is requested, please note that pickup time will be prior to 3 pm.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.