Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner and Schonbrunn Palace Concert
Enjoy a day in Vienna with a Johann Strauss twist as you combine a Danube River cruise with a classic evening of Austrian food and music! Thanks to Strauss' waltz ‘On the Beautiful Blue Danube’ (aka ‘The Blue Danube’), Vienna’s famous river is inextricably entwined with classical Viennese music. Experience the river first-hand during a 3.5-hour cruise, and then end your day with a 3-course meal at Schonbrunn Palace and a classical music concert at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Danube River cruise
- Dinner - 3-course dinner at Café-Restaurant Residenz (excl. drinks)
- Concert at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery in your selected category. Concert duration: 1,5 hours with intermission
- 1 glass of sparkling wine during intermission (VIP and Category A only)
- Entry/Admission - Orangery at Schoenbrunn Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cloakroom fee (approx. 1 euro)
- Concert program (approx. 5 euros)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Schiffsstation Wien, 1010 Vienna, Austria
At the time of your choice, make your way to the cruise landing pier in downtown Vienna on Schwedenplatz.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Danube Tower, Donauturmstrasse 4, Vienna 1220 Austria
As you relax and enjoy the sights of the riverfront, see Viennese attractions like the Donauturm (Danube Tower).
Pass By: Millennium City, Handelskai 94-96, Vienna 1200 Austria
Pass by Millennium City with the Millennium Tower.
Pass By: Urania Sternwarte, Uraniastrasse 1 Entrance Turmstiege, Vienna 1010 Austria
Pass by Ringturm (Ring Tower), the Spittelau district heating plant, the Urania observatory and much more. The cruise returns to the place of departure at Schwedenplatz.
Pass By: Schonbrunn Palace, Schlosstrasse 47, Vienna 1130 Austria
Dinner at Café-Restaurant Residenz
At 6:30pm, your three-course dinner will be served at the elegant Café-Restaurant Residenz, located in the former Schonbrunn Palace kitchen, adjacent to the palace's main entrance. Dine on Austrian fare by candlelight and enjoy the cozy ambience, either indoors or out, depending on the season.
Sample Dinner Menu:
(Vegetarian dishes are available upon request)
• Beef consommé with semolina Dumpling /A,C,L/
• Braised beef roast with shallot-gravy, potato pie & tomatoes /A,O,L,G/
• Apple Strudel – handmade in our Imperial Bakery Schoenbrunn with whipped cream /A,C,G/
Stop At: Orangery at Schoenbrunn Palace, Schoenbrunner Schlossstrasse, Vienna 1130 Austria
After dinner, head to the elaborately restored Schonbrunn Palace Orangery for your grand finale of classical music. From your seat at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, enjoy music by Austrian composers like Strauss and Mozart, played by the Schonbrunn Palace Orchestra. Doors open at 8pm and the concert begins at 8:30pm. At intermission, toast your Vienna experience with an included glass of sparkling wine (if option selected) and then enjoy the rest of the performance, which ends at 10:15pm. When the night is over, use your public transport ticket to make your way back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Orangerie, Schönbrunner Schloßstraße 47, 1130 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for children aged 8 and under
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian meals are available upon request; please note this when booking in the Special Requirements box
- Please note: On selected days, the concerts are occasionally relocated (without notice) to the exceptional Great Gallery or the White Gold Room or to the Entrance Hall of the Empress inside the Schönbrunn Palace. There is no ballet when the concert is relocated
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.