Vikos Gorge daily hike
Walk at one of the world's most famous gorges! Enjoy the unspoiled nature of the area. Discover the amazing flora and fauna of Zagori.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking sticks
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
Varied terrain and vistas, untouched wild beauty,crystal – clear waters, Vikos Gorge……
For hikers, Vikos Gorge is exceptional because of its beautiful footpaths that link stone villages tucked into folds of mountains.
Vikos Gorge lies in the North Pindus Mountains in the historic area of Epirus.
Our hike starts from the village of Monodendri, on the rim of the gorge near the south end. It's a restored stone village of walled stone courtyards with fortress-like gates. We follow a signposted path near the open – air theatre at the top of the trail. From there the path drops steeply to the Voidomatis river. It continues through the woods in a charming footpath which parallels the river. We exit at Vikos village, where our transportation waits to drive us back to Monodendri
Departure Point :Monodendri 440 07, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.