Villa Pehuenia: Batea Mahuida Volcano in 4x4: Summit and Crater
The Batea Mahuida volcano is the main tourist attraction of Villa Pehuenia. The only way to access the summit is by walking on a trekking with important climbing slopes or in 4x4 vehicles. In this case we ascend in our vehicles avoiding the walk. The summit is undoubtedly the best view of the region due to its great height that allows to see lakes and volcanoes of Argentina and Chile.
The Crater is characterized by having a lagoon of imposing turquoise and green colors.
Being accompanied by a professional guide will allow you to value the place, knowing its geological, natural, vegetation, fauna and history of the place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Tasting of Alfajores of Flñón de Piñón and Licor de Piñón, considered as typical products of the region since the Piñón is the fruit of the Araucaria or Pehuén (millenary tree)
- Entry/Admission - Volcan Batea Mahuida
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcan Batea Mahuida, Centro de ski Batea Mahuida. Villa Pehuenia, Villa Pehuenia Argentina
It is a journey through an inactive volcano 2000 meters high managed by the Mapuche Puel community, being one of the highest points in the region. We ascend in 4x4 vehicles to the summit where we achieve a 360º panoramic view of another 7 volcanoes, lakes and mountain ranges in Chile. Then we descend to the crater of the volcano where there is currently a lagoon of green and turquoise waters. We finish the excursion in a forest of ancient araucarias where we taste regional products derived from the pine nut.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ruta Provincial 13, RP13, Villa Pehuenia, Neuquén, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up visitors for their respective accommodations, these may be located either in Villa Pehuenia or in Moquehue.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.