Villas and Flavors of Lake Como Walking and Boating Full-Day Trip from Milan
Explore Lake Como by land and water on this full-day walking and boating tour, with a visit to Villa del Balbianello.
Sample local cheeses, meats, olive oil, and wine, take a walking tour of Varenna and gain insight into the region’s Celtic heritage. Savor a tasty lunch of fish appetizers and pasta in a lakeside restaurant, then admire sweeping views over Lake Como’s villas and gardens during a sightseeing cruise in a Venetian taxi. Disembark at Villa del Balbianello for a guided visit, then cruise onwards to Bellagio, where you shall be guided through the wonderful Villa Melzi gardens, followed by a stroll along the lakeside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Tasting of delicious local specialties in a charming old mill
- Guided walking Tour of Varenna
- Special lunch in a typical lake front restaurant (starters, pasta, water, a glass of wine and coffee
- 1h Boat Tour (open top Venetian taxi)
- Tickets to Villa del Balbianello
- Tickets to Villa Melzi
- Guided walking Tour of Bellagio
- Return Train tickets Milano Centrale/Varenna
- Public Boat Ticket Bellagio/Varenna
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private minivan transfer from Milan and back can be organised upon request at extra cost. Please contact us after booking.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 23829 Varenna, Province of Lecco, Italy
This full day tour will allow you to discover the "pearls" of the mid lake area and view and visit some of the most famous waterfront villas, all accompanied with the tasting of delicious local products.
The tour starts with a trip to a fascinating original mill on the hills above Varenna where you will be offered a tasting of the world famous locally produced olive oil, typical Valsassina cheese, cold cuts and wine followed by a guided walking tour of Varenna with its Celtic origins and steep alleys.
Lunch will be served in a lakefront restaurant where you will sample typical freshwater fish starters and delicious pasta (a non-fish menu will also be available).
An unforgettable private motorboat cruise will give you the chance to relax in the afternoon admiring the spectacular mountains and the stunning villas, once the homes of aristocrats, now the playgrounds for the jet set.
You will disembark at Villa del Balbianello for a guided visit, a real gem not to be missed, stunning shooting location for a number of famous films such as “Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones” and “Casino Royale”.
Afterwards, our motorboat will bring you to Bellagio, where you shall be guided through the wonderful Villa Melzi gardens, followed by a stroll along the lakeside.
The tour will end at approximately at 5:30 pm in Bellagio. The tour guide shall provide public boats tickets and indications to get back to Varenna (a 15 minutes journey) and to take the train back to Milan.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Milano Centrale Railway Station, Piazza Duca d'Aosta, 1, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Return Detail :Milano Centrale Railway Station, Piazza Duca d'Aosta, 1, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is casual, comfortable shoes
- A fair amount of walking is involved. The trail to the mill for the morning tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure you are physically adapt and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done using public transport and not with the private boat taxi due to safety reasons
- Please Note: hotel pickup is not included for this activity, however it will be requested at the time of booking.
- The local supplier cannot be held responsible for train cancellations or late arrivals. In this case we shall do our best to help guests reach the lake and enjoy the tour or part of it but shall not bear the eventual additional transfer costs.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.