Vilnius: Jewish Heritage Tour
See more of Vilnius with its Jewish Heritage on a small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour
Learn about the history of Jews in Lithuania and see where the Jewish community lived within the city walls
Visit the most predominant synagogues in the area and the cemetery led by an expert local guide
Stroll the streets for authentic Yiddish inscriptions, statues and plaques of famous local Jews
Explore the stunning architecture of the old town and see the lesser-known monuments dedicated for memorable Jewish personalities
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group tour ( max 12 people ) for a more personalized experience
- Expert local guide for insider's knowledge
- 3 hours walking tour at a relaxed pace
- Entry/Admission - Vilnius Choral Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Vilna Gaon State Jewish Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vilnius, Vilnius, Vilnius County
Get a perspective on the Old Town of Vilnius that many travelers miss during this Jewish-history tour. Go beyond conventional Vilnius itineraries to visit landmarks such as the Choral Synagogue and remnants of Jewish sites still evident today.
Stop At: Vilnius Old Town, Vilnius 01129 Lithuania
Meet your expert local guide to set out towards the heart of Vilnius and walk through the old town for an introduction of the Jewish history in the city.
Enjoy a rich Introduction to the Jewish Past in Vilnius city on a small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour.
Stroll the streets of Old Town Vilnius along the ghetto to see Yiddish inscriptions, authentic statues, and plaques dedicated to local Jews.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vilnius Choral Synagogue, Pylimo g. 39, Vilnius 01308 Lithuania
Visit Vilnius Synagogue and start learning about Jewish history in Lithuania before and after WWII. Travel in time to Soviet times to discuss with your guide about the unspoken prohibition of Jewish religious life and constant supervision by the Soviet state security authority and how the synagogue remained the heart of the city’s Jewish life.
Continue with your guide through the Jewish Information center: a very impressive collection of Jewish history in Vilnius.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vilna Gaon State Jewish Museum, Naugarduko g. 10-2, Vilnius 01309 Lithuania
Head to the memorials of Vilna Gaon and Jacob Gens to learn about these very memorable personalities of Jewish Vilnius.
Talk about the Holocaust in Lithuania and find about its locations as you head to Zemach Shabad memorial.
End your tour with enough knowledge to be independent afterward.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Konstantinas Sirvydas Square, Vilnius 01123, Lithuania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- - All required protective equipment is provided - To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.