VIP: Chichen Itza Tour, Light and Sound Show with Mayan Appetizers From Cancun
See the best of Chichen Itza by day and night on this Viator VIP tour available nowhere else. Sail past the hordes waiting to enter the UNESCO World Heritage site and uncover the secrets of the ancient Mayan city with an expert guide. While most people head out after a day at the monument, you get to see a stunning sunset over Chichen Itza's observatory while enjoying Mayan tapas and bottomless margaritas at Mayaland Resort. At night, Kukulcán Pyramid transforms into a living canvas with undulating images during the light and sound show. Hotel transport and access to Viator's exclusive on-site hospitality suite are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation in a Mercedes Benz van
- Mayan tapas in the afternoon with all the Margaritas you can drink
- Dinner on board: steak, chicken breast baguette or a veggie option (includes soft drinks and beer)
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Entrance fee to Be Maya Planetarium
- Admission to Chichen Itza Light and Sound Show
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Translator device rental used during the night tour and the Light and Sound show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Cancún-Yucatán, local 41, Calle Robalo 30, 3, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Your Viator VIP experience begins with late-morning pickup from your Cancun or Riviera Maya hotel in a luxurious Mercedes-Benz van. Arrive about 2.5 hours later at Mayaland Resort, conveniently located inside the archeological park of Chichen Itza, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Inside Mayaland, a Condé Nast Traveler magazine winner and National Geographic favorite since 1936, you will have access to Viator's exclusive on-site hospitality suite where you can relax before or after the tour.
Pass By: Chichen Itza Mexico
Next, embark on a tour of Chichen Itza led by an expert guide. As a Viator VIP, bypass the crowds of visitors waiting in line to enter the park, and follow your guide through Mayaland’s private entrance to visit the site’s most important temples.
Stand in awe before the four-sided Kukulcán Pyramid, a structure containing 365 steps, the number of days in the solar year, and learn about the snake-shadow that only appears during the equinox. Imagine how the ancient Mayans lived as you stroll through the gathering place of the Temple of the Warriors, the ball court, observatory and nunnery.
Pass By: Mayaland Hotel & Bungalows, Km.120 Chichén Itzá Highway Merida Cancun, 97751 Chichén Itzá, Yuc., Mexico
After the tour, wander the grounds of Chichen Itza at your own pace or stop by the BE Maya® Planetarium to admire a swirling starry sky. During the show, learn more about Mayan mythology, astronomy, science and art.
In the late afternoon, settle into your table on the private bar terrace of Mayaland Resort and savor delectable bites of Mayan tapas, paired with as many margaritas as you’d like to drink. You’re in for another treat: Your table gives you a prime view of the sun setting over the El Caracol observatory.
Board a free shuttle and re-enter Chichen Itza to admire its main temples bathed in moonlight. Then grab a seat for another memorable experience, a light and sound show called Nights of Kukulcán. Watch the 1,500-year-old Kukulcán Pyramid come alive, newly revitalized with 3D mapping projection and dramatic lighting and music, for a special look into Mayan culture and the discovery of the archaeological zone. After the 25-minute show concludes, you’ll be taken back to your Mercedes-Benz for a ride back to your hotel. During the trip, tuck into a satisfying box dinner (choices include a steak-and-avocado baguette, chicken breast or a vegetarian option). After a full and satisfying day at Chichen Itza, arrive at your Cancun or Riviera Maya hotel.
Viator VIPs feature travel experiences not typically available to the general public — from behind-the-scenes access to private viewings and VIP service — at many of the world’s top attractions, often with no lines and no crowds. Viator VIP tours are not available from other 3rd-party online sellers.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
• Tour departs from most Cancun and Playa del Carmen hotels. Pick up between 11:30AM- 12:30PM (summer time) or 10:30AM- 11:30AM (winter time) depending your hotel. No service pick-up for hotels at downtown:• For passengers staying at hotels located in the downtown of Cancun, the meeting point will be at the Bonampak Hotel.• For passengers staying at hotels located in the downtown of Playa del Carmen or in its surroundings, the meeting point will be at The Reef Coco Beach, The Reef Playacar or The Reef 28. You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick-up time. If your location is our of pick up zone, you will be directed to the nearest.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No flash photography is permitted at the archaeological site or during the projection
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothes and sneakers (roads are not paved at the site), bring with you: sunscreen, hat and extra money for personal expenses or souvenirs.
- Note: Please note This tour is nonrefundable. Note that if cancelled, modified, or in case of no-show, the total Price of the reservation will be charged.
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years.
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza apply to children from 3 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.