Virtual Experience of Barbados' Historic Garrison - A Military Story
Are you unable to travel but still want to have this experience? Are you craving a historical military-based adventure in Barbados? Have you ever wondered what military life was like during the colonial period? Then have I got an experience for you!
From the comfort of your home, I will tell you how I was here to defend this gem of an island and it was nothing like what I would have expected as a soldier. My story is bittersweet, but nonetheless, has to be told. I want to tell you about the prison and the walk of shame I had to endure. About the services offered around the “Savannah” and all the joys that can be drawn from this area despite the hardships that have made it what it is.
Join me via Zoom for a culturally rich journey into history. During this engaging interaction, I will show you the videos and pictures of the Garrison I lived in. The changes it has undergone. All the while paying homage to me by preserving my legacy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Barbados Museum & Historical Society, 7 Highway St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael, Bridgetown Barbados
We will be unable to give you a virtual tour of the Museum, however, we will share some highlights of what can be found there.
Stop At: George Washington House, Bush Hill, Garrison Barbados
We will share the story of George Washington
Stop At: Barbados Turf Club, The Garrison Savannah World Heritage Site, Bridgetown Barbados
We share the story of the Grand Stand and surrounding areas.
Departure Point :Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Dalkeith Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Access to the Zoom cannot be done without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability.
- The Zoom link is not to be shared. Proof of sharing will result in your being removed from the Zoom Room without refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- As this is a virtual experience, none of the above protocols will be required. We do request that you keep your audio off, unless invited by the Tour Guide to unmute yourself.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.