Virtual Pintxo Cooking Class: Learn the Secrets of Basque Cuisine with Claudia
As Anthony Bourdain once stated, “There is no better place to eat in Europe than the city of San Sebastian”. And with the most Michelin star restaurants per capita and an extraordinary amount of pintxo bars crammed in the city center, we’d have to agree. It’s no wonder that San Sebastian has become known not just as Spain’s culinary capital, but one of the foodie hotspots of the world.
And who better to share with you the secrets to the exquisite Basque cuisine than Claudia, born and raised in San Sebastian and a master’s student at the prestigious Basque Culinary Center. Learn the difference between pintxos and tapas, learn to cook three delicious iconic Basque pintxos, and go away with a better understanding of what makes the food and culture from the northeastern corner of Spain so special.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Virtual experience led by a San Sebastian food expert
What's excluded :
- **Please note all times for this experience are listed in CEST (Central European Summer Time)**
Virtually travel to San Sebastian and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Claudia, a born-and-bred San Sebastian local who is passionate about her region’s food and culture.
Learn how to create three iconic Basque pintxos, learning the secrets behind them from a local chef.
Get an insight into local life, culture and customs in the Basque Country considered to be one of Spain’s foodie hotspots.
Departure Point :Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.