Virtual Tour: Paris Live! Revolution in the heart of Paris
The legendary cafés of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, the charming Ile de la Cité, the gorgeous architecture of the Palais Royal and the stately Louvre: captivating and historic Paris that we dream of experiencing. Although you may not be able to come here at the moment, you can explore live with us on an in-depth walking tour with an expert guide who is outdoors on-site, showing you these iconic spots and weaving in the fascinating story of the turmoil of the French Revolution and downfall of French royalty. Visit the real sights in real time! We’ll bring Paris into your home and allow you to visit like a local, with a local!
per adult from
What's included :
- 45 minute live guided tour online
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Louvre Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saint Germain des Pres Quarter, Place St-Germain-des-Pres, 75006 Paris France
Our guide will start the tour on-site in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, home of literary geniuses, rebellious students and revolutionaries! The oldest café in Paris sits nestled in a tiny cobblestone alleyway, and it's here that we will begin our tour of some of the most iconic and historic parts of Paris. Here in St Germain, revolutionary plots were hatched, philosophical and literary debates raged in the cafés, and musicians and poets danced furiously in underground jazz clubs. Today it’s still lively and typical, with students spilling out onto the café terraces, art-house cinemas, galleries and hip boutiques; a perfect place to stroll and soak up the very Parisian atmosphere.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ile de la Cite, Ile de la Cite, Paris, Ile-de-France
We’ll walk towards the river Seine, crossing onto the delightful Ile de la Cité, home to Notre-Dame and the towering medieval Conciergerie, infamous revolutionary prison and final home to Queen Marie-Antoinette. The views from the oldest bridge in Paris are stunning, sweeping across the river to the Louvre and beyond - on a clear day you’ll see the Eiffel Tower! Below, local Parisians picnic on the river banks, so beautiful that they are classified a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
We’ll end our tour admiring the grandiose façade of the Louvre, and its delicate glass pyramid. Turning towards the Tuileries Gardens you’ll hear stories of the royal palace that was once there, where King Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were brought from Versailles and held prisoner, and from where they attempted their audacious and doomed escape. From there we’ll have distant views to the Place de la Concorde, site of the guillotine, and the Champs-Elysées beyond.
Experience Paris live and don’t hesitate to ask any questions, we’re happy to provide you some insider tips and recommendations for your next trip!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Le Procope, 13 Rue de l'Ancienne Comédie, 75006 Paris, France
Return Detail :Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel, 75001 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This online tour will take place via Zoom. You will receive an email with login details of how to join your tour.
- Please note this is a virtual tour online. The guide will be live on-site and outside visiting the real sights, but you will follow the tour online. Please ensure your internet connection is strong enough to allow for video.
- Tour times are published in CET (PARIS). Please check the time of your tour depending on your location.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 250 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.