Visit a market and cook with a foodie
Cooking at home with a Parisian !A fun, hands-on, and different food experience, in the home of a food-lover.
First, raid the local farmers’ market together with your host, a fanatic French food buff, shopping for seasonal produce. Second, cook – fun and simple recipes to turn produce you like into superb dishes your friends will love you for. Then devours all this food – all of a sudden it’s a party. We celebrate the joy of eating.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
I got my cooking secrets and traditional French recipes from my grandmother, a genuine “cordon bleu” chef. As a student, I worked in several famous French and Italian restaurants in Los Angeles to share my passion of food over the ocean, but quickly came back. Now to enjoy my love of passing my knowledge of French cooking, I’ll invite you to my place for a fun cooking class.
The art of fine dining, the choice of selecting ingredients and the mastery of French cooking will be shared with you. I will also share his secret recipes of traditional French dishes with my own personal twist.
A special moment:
A second floor apartment of Paris is an unlikely place to find a ‘gourmet French restaurant’. Far from the over-polished spoons at stuffy star-studded restaurants, is a cooking class that opens its doors to all, for one of the most unique dining experiences you’ll find in Paris. Unlike other French cooking lessons, this culinary class treats guests more like fellow foodies, rather than just another student with an apron and a chopping board.
The idea is simple. An English-speaking Parisian, with a passion for food, is guiding guests through the smells and sights at the local farmers market, before inviting them home for a moment of cooking and conversation. Wearing an unmistakably pink shirt, I will greet our intimate class,maximum 6 guests, outside Metro Saint Mandé and take you shopping to select the finest seasonal products from the best farmers in town.
After squeezing into possibly the Guinness World Record holder of Worlds’ Smallest Elevator, you will enter into a spacious city apartment and I hope my warm hospitality will put the room at ease. Sharing the granite kitchen bench tops we’ll start the cooking together and you will have no other option but help with the preparation, chop and peel away! We will discuss the obvious differences between French food and the others and I’ll tell you more about our tradition of sharing meals in France. I’ll do my best to give you the right impression about French family food.
After an hour and a half of preparation, the long-awaited moment will arrive and we will sit down to feast on our achievements.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A mask will be mandatory during the market tour and the cooking time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.