Visit a private Florentine Medieval Tower and meet the Owner
The Medieval Florence is represented nowadays by still standing Towers-Houses located around the city. Inside these towers medieval families lived and also protected themselves from enemies. During the tour your guide will speak about the struggle and rivalry between the Guelph and Ghibelline, two very important political parties during the Medieval period.
Highlight of this tour: we enter a private Towerhouse, still owned by the members of an ancient Florentine Family. They will show us in depth how it was the life in the towerhouse during the dark age, its secret corners and passages and what where the strange tools we'll see for. We'll have an aperitif with them, whillst told misterious stories of the house and shown the private artworks they still own ! Very exclusive tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- 2-hour private walking tour
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One of the fortress-houses (or otherwise called medieval towers), remained the same until nowadays and is privately owned. You will enter this tower and enjoy a private 2.5-hour tour, that will make you explore the Florentine life of the 15th and 16th centuries from the inside an original medieval tower.
The tower's owner, a renowned antiques dealer, will gives you the opportunity to see it, and will also accompany you during the visit.
This tour is recommended for those, who have the curiosity to understand from the outside and from the inside the life of medieval Florence and for those who wants to meet a true Florentine and are passionable for the history of Florence.
Departure Point :Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.