Visit a Reindeer Farm and One Hour Safari
Visit a local reindeer farm with us and meet people living at the farm. See both wild and trained safari reindeer. You will hear about the reindeer herding as a profession and introduce yourself to reindeer driving. Then, participate in a reindeer safari for one hour by sitting on a sleigh and enjoy beautiful snowy landscape on the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Snacks mentioned
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Lunch available for additional charge, needs to be booked in advance.
- Private tours available for additional charge.
- Coffee, tea and sweet bread is offered as well. For an additional price, you may also have a lunch at the farm, but the lunch should be ordered in before hand. Guiding, transfers to farm and back and all equipment, winter clothes and shoes are included. You will get a reindeer driving license as a memory.
Reindeers are an inseparable part of Lapland’s nature. Reindeer herding as a way of life – in its current form – is at least 500 years old. Reindeers are kind obedient animals, if you can train them first with right skills.
Reindeers have been used for carrying and pulling burdens since the beginning of the Common Era. Reindeers are extremely strong as these can carry heavy loads. These have sharp hooves, which enable them to walk on snow and ice. Reindeers can shed their antlers during the winter and new antlers grow in their place.
Reindeers are semi-domesticated, and every animal is owned by a herder. In Northern Lapland, reindeer husbandry is still a major source of income for many. There are about 200 000 reindeers in Finland and about 6 500 reindeer owners in Lapland.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.