Visit Agrigento from Palermo
Founded by Greek colonists in 581 AD, Agrigento is a history-packed town on the southern coast of Sicily, and is home to one of the island’s major attractions: the Valley of the Temples. This vast archeological site includes some of the the finest and best-preserved Greek remnants in the world. The guide will take you on a fascinating stroll around the archeological ruins, including the eight pillars of the Temple of Hercules, the oldest complex dating from the 6th century BC, and the beautiful Temple of Concord, which is the best-preserved Greek temple currently in existence. Other notable shrines are the Temple of Juno, which offers stunning views over the valley, and the colossal Temple of Jupiter.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance Fee
- Guided visit of Agrigento Archeological Park
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Valle dei Templi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agrigento, Agrigento, Province of Agrigento, Sicily
It was one of the leading cities of Magna Graecia during the golden age of Ancient Greece. Agrigento is home to magnificent Valley of Temples.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Valle dei Templi, Piazza Archeologica 1 Via Panoramica Dei Templi, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
The Valley of Temples a large sacred area on the south side of the ancient city where seven monumental Greek temples in the Doric style were constructed during the 6th and 5th centuries BC. Now excavated and partially restored, they constitute some of the largest and best-preserved ancient Greek buildings outside of Greece itself. They are listed as a World Heritage Site.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your driver at your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.