Visit Berat on a day trip from Saranda
Once you get to the city you will be taken to Berat Castle which dates back to 4rth century BC. There you will learn that Berat was invaded three times by the Ottomans, Romans and Bulgarians to became later on a big principality under the rule of Albanian noble family of Muzaka in the 14th century. Visit the castle as one the most marvelous sights of the city. It is one of the biggest inhabited Castles and has many Byzantine churches, as well as some mosques built during the Ottoman era which began in 1417. Our walk in the castle will take us to Onufri Museum which is set up inside the Cathedral “Assumption of Saint Mary ” renovated in the 18th century.Next stop is in the old quarters of Mangalem and Gorica that connect with each other by the Gorica Bridge over the Osumi River. Both quarters take pride of their architecture and rare shapes of the houses.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fee at National Ethnographic Museum Ticket Price: 200 ALL
- Entrance Fee at National Iconographic Museum Onufri Ticket Price: 200 ALL
- Berat Castle entrance fee of 100 lek (about €0.75).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Berat County, Berat County
Departure for Berat at 9:00 am and you will be transferred towards this beautiful city for around 2,5 - 3 hours. This is one of the oldest and the pride of Albanian architecture. The three major neighborhoods of the old city are Mangalemi, Gorica, and Kala where the castle itself is located.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.