Visit Berat (UNESCO) from Tirana/Durres
This is a lovely tour that shows one of the oldest towns in Albania. The Berat castle it is the biggest inhabited castle in Albania. Our guide will show you the way how the Albanians live and how they have built the typical houses in central Albania. We will also visit the lower part of the town where we will see the Mangalemi neighborhood which gives the nickname of the "1000 Windows" city. Afterwards we will return from a different route which makes another highlight of this daytrip. The road is through the countryside and shows how the agriculture is developed in the central Albania. We will get to see hills, cultivated fields and natural lakes.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfers from and to your hotel in Tirana
- Air conditioned modern vehicle for your tour
- Bottle of water per person
- Experienced tour guide/driver
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Berat Castle
- Entry/Admission - National Iconographic Museum Onufri
What's excluded :
- Gratuities/Tip to Driver, Guide
- All not mentioned above
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Berat Castle, Rruga Mihal Komnena, Berat 5001 Albania
Established in the 3rd century B.C by an Illyrian tribe of central Albania with a protective castle, it was known as the fortified city of Antipatrea. In 1417 the town was occupied by the Ottoman who built quite a few mosques in the area below the town’s old castle. The castle is the only one in Albania that still has houses and inhabitants within its walls.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Iconographic Museum Onufri, Located in the Inner Part of Saint Mary Church in Berat Castel, Berat Albania
St Marys Church turned Onufri Museum which houses an amazingly diverse collection of Icons and two other churches not open to the public. Onufri whose name has been given to this Icon museum was an Albanian master painter of the 16th century who painted many church icons in Albania and Greece and is famous for its red colour named after him. Berat is also famous, as two of the oldest bibles “New Testaments” one from 6th century and one from 9th century AD have been found here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mangalem, Berat, Albania
After visits and optional lunch at the castle with homemade specialities we make our way down to the old district of Mangalem where we will visit the Kings Mosque and Helveti Tekke next to each other. Religious monuments of different faiths stand together demonstrating the religious tolerance of Albanians’.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Belsh, Belsh, Elbasan County
On the way back we will visit Belsh Town that is located at the shore of a small natural lake. The town is situated in the Dumrea plain which has about 85 different sized lakes that are all natural. The road has a very nice landscape which makes it another highlight in this tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform us about your pickup location and our tour representative will be there 10-15 minutes before the departure.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.