Visit Budhanilkantha Temple - The House of the Sleeping Lord Vishnu
Budhanilkantha, portrays a sleeping Vishnu, floating like a gigantic astronaut on a bed of snakes in the middle of a big pool of water depicting the cosmic ocean. The name Budhanilkantha has nothing to do with Buddha, but literally means “blue throat disguised by mud”. The peculiar name refers to two legends attached to the statue, one of them saying that a farmer found the long lost statue in the mud when working his field with a plough and the other saying that Vishnu sacrificed himself by drinking the poison of the cosmic ocean, which then turned his throat blue.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Private vehicle for sightseeing
- English-speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budhanilkantha, ca. 9 km sudlich von Kathmandu. Narayanthan, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Budhanilkantha, located on the north of Kathmandu Valley is the holiest serine of Hindu community of people in Nepal. Approx. 9 km from the main city, situated at the base of Shivapuri Hills is a remarkable huge statue of Lord Vishnu reclining on a bed of coiled snakes. The statue is said to be sculpted from a single block of black stone. The 5 meter long statue is also known by the name of Jalasyana Narayan.
At 10:30am, the guide will assist you at the hotel lobby. Then, you will head off to the sightseeing of Budhanilkantha Temple. After reaching there, your guide will tell you about the temple and its history. You will see many people worshiping and offering tikas, garlands, fruits, etc. Capture the best moments in your camera. After finishing the sightseeing, you will be taken to a local restaurant for lunch.
At 1:30pm, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick and drop off service from hotels inside Kathmandu city
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.