Visit Evora And Monsaraz In A Full Day Tour
Classified as a World Heritage by UNESCO since 1986, Evora is called the "White City" or “City Museum”. Évora dazzles his visitors with lush architectural and artistic, monumental churches, historic squares, white houses and narrow medieval streets.
Évora invites you to discover a city that is synonymous of mix of cultures. Romans to the Arabs, Jews to Christians, all its traditions and expressions are clearly present here. In this tour you will visit Evora and also the charming village of Monsaraz, immerging yourself in the medieval Portuguese history. At Monsaraz you will visit its medieval Castle and you will enjoy the extraordinary view of the biggest man-made lake in Europe – Alqueva.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- All insurances in accordance with Portuguese law
- Touristic guidance in the following languages: Portuguese, English, French, Spanish or Italian
- Pick-up and drop off at the Lisbon meeting point (Restauradores Square)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to access monuments, museums or other visitable places
- Guided tours inside monuments or museums
- After the arrival in Evora, we will start at the city center. Evora was taken from the moors by Geraldo ''Sem Medo'' no fear. In 1166 in the Middle Ages became one of the most prosperous cities of the kingdom, especially during the Avis Dynasty (1385-1580).
We will continue our tour visiting the Temple of Diana. It is a Corinthian style temple, built in the early first century DC. This is what remains of the Évora city forum and was dedicated to the imperial cult, contrary to what comes to us by popular tradition, which identified him as being dedicated to Diana, Roman goddess of hunting.
Then we will leave to the Chapel of Bones. It is a chapel of S. Francisco church whose walls are all lined with human bones. It was a place where monks meditate about death.
We will follow to visit Évora Cathedral. This is a Romanesque-Gothic building for the century XIII-XIV. You can climb to the towers and go to the roof where you have amazing views over the city and the countryside.
Then, we will stop for lunch in the center of Evora where you will be able to have a delicious meal in a typical restaurant.
We will continue our tour driving to Monsaraz where you will visit its medieval Castle and you will be able to admire its typical properties, embarking on a journey through time in this amazing village of Monsaraz.
Before initiating the return trip to Lisbon, you will also have the opportunity to contemplate the biggest artificial lake in Europe – Alqueva.
Departure Point :The departure is from the tour vehicles parking located at Restauradores Square, in Lisbon down-town, close to Hard Rock Cafe and in front of Padaria Portuguesa.
Departure Time :
9:00 am, everyday
Return Detail :The Return location is in the same place as the Departure Location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.