Visit To Sweden And Aavasaksa
Due to Aavasaksa's distinctive elevation above other nearby hills, it was first used by Pierre Louis Maupertuis in the French Geodesic Mission (1736–1737), and later became part of the Struve Geodetic Arc. As a result of this, UNESCO named Aavasaksa a World Heritage Site, along with the 33 other sites used in the Struve Geodetic Arc.
Aavasaksa is often considered the southernmost point in Finland where the midnight sun is literally visible. The hill is surrounded by rivers running next to it: Torne River to the west and the smaller Tengeliö river to the east and north.
Övertorneå or Ylitornio is a locality and the seat of Övertorneå Municipality in Norrbotten County, Sweden with 1,917 inhabitants in 2010. Övertorneå means Upper Torneå, based on a division of the Torneå parish in two parts in the 16th century. We will see old church, the building of old railway station and very nice landscape.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer, guiding service, lunch on the fire.
- Entry/Admission - Helios Tour Oy
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Helios Tour Oy, Karhunkaatajantie 15, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Aavasaksa is a sharp-edged hill in Ylitornio municipality in Finnish Lapland. It has an elevation of 242 metres (794 ft). Aavasaksa is famous for its sights both towards Finland and Sweden, and it is included to the list of the National landscapes of Finland. Emperor Alexander II of Russia visited the site in 1876. Decorative hunting cabin Keisarinmaja is one of the buildings on top of the hill; it is now used as a cafe.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience:Aakenus HotelArctic Light HotelArctic resort (Loma Vekarit)Arctic Snow Hotel (+20 euro per person for transfer)Arctic TreeHouse HotelChalet OunasvaaraCity HotelSanta Claus Holiday Village, receptionSanta Claus HotelSanta Sport HotelSanta`s Glass IglooScandic PohjanhoviScandic Polar HotelScandic RovaniemiSky HotelSokos HotelVaatunkiVartiosaari Hotel
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.