Vitoria and Añana salt valley small group tour, lunch included
We pick you up at your hotel and head first to Añana Salt Valley, where we will learn everything about the traditional way of producing the 'white gold' from local experts (visit lasts around 1.5 hours). Later we will go to Vitoria-Gasteiz, the capital of the Basque autonomic region. After lunch there, we will go sightseeing, admiring the medieval old town on top of a hill among other spots (total visit time around 2 hours). At around 17:00pm we will head back to San Sebastian and drop you off at your hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - two main course, dessert and wine
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Añana salt valley tickets
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salinas de Anana, Salinas de Anana, Province of Alava, Basque Country
One of the most important cultural, architectural, environmental, vlandscape and archaeological sites in the world.
From our current perspective, it is almost impossible to understand how salt, such an abundant and low-cost product, could be so important historically. We must bear in mind that salt was and is essential in many industrial processes as well as in human food and animal feed; more so when industrial cooling systems had not been developed, as it was one of the most effective methods of preserving food.
Salt has been the cause of many wars and enforced peace processes, of death and success, of wealth and poverty, of the creation and destruction of towns and cities and, of course, of greed but also a cause for joy among human beings.
Valle Salado is one of the best examples worldwide of the history of salt, known since antiquity as "white gold". The natural emergence of the salt springs caused the establishment of a settlement in the surrounding area that has developed uninterruptedly for thousands of years and that, based on the production of salt, has learned to adapt to the conditions and specificities of each historical period.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Province of Alava, Basque Country
Vitoria-Gasteiz is located in Spain’s Basque Country, and although it may not be as well known as Bilbao or San Sebastian, it’s definitely worth a visit. From its own modern art museum to its magnificent cathedral
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vitoria-Gasteiz City Walls, Canton de las Carnicerias, Vitoria-Gasteiz Spain
The archaeological excavations which were carried out underneath the Old Cathedral in 2001 discovered the remains of an ancient city wall, which dates back to the latter half of the 11th century and a section of which can still be seen, along with one of its towers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Logrono Agoncillo Airport, Ctra. Logroño-Zaragoza (N-232), s/n, 26160 Agoncillo, La Rioja, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.