Vitosha Mountain- Heritage and Hiking- Private Day Trip
This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you!
With this this tour you will see: Boyana Church- a UNESCO Heritage sight and National Historical Museum, hike to Boyana lake and Boyana waterfall, stone river of Golden Bridges, as well as try traditional Bulgarian Banitsa.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees- 6 euro or 12 levs combined ticket
- Lunch & personal expenses
- Up to 10 euro more per person if a guide in Spanish language is selected- should be paid directly to the guide
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of History
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts with a pick up from any location in Sofia.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vitosha Mountain, Sofia Bulgaria
A professional guide will take you from your hotel to the Vitosha Mountain where your hiking tour will start. Vitosha is the first park in Bulgaria and on the Balkan Peninsula. The territory of the mountain includes Vitosha nature park that encompasses the best known and most frequently visited parts with a variety of pictures hiking routs. Not only that, but you will also have the chance to see Sofia from above and try a traditional Bulgarian breakfast.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
After enjoying the beautiful nature you will head back to Sofia and learn more about the ancient and historical spots. The first stop will be at Boyana church. It is a medieval Bulgarian Orthodox church situated in the outskirts of Sofia. In 1979, the building was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of History, ul.Vitoshko lale 16, Sofia 1618 Bulgaria
Last, but not least, is a stop at the National History Museum. The National Historical Museum in Sofia is Bulgaria's largest museum. It was founded on 5 May 1973. A new representative exhibition was opened in the building of the Court of Justice on 2 March 1984, to commemorate the 13th centenary of the Bulgarian state. The museum was moved in 2000 to the former primary residence of the dictator and last communist leader Todor Zhivkov at Boyana, and currently contains over 650,000 objects connected to archaeology, fine arts, history and ethnography, although only 10% of them are permanently exhibited.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress well for mountain conditions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.