Vitosha Mountain, Boyana Church and Dragalevtsi Monastery Private Day Trip
This is a private tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private driver- guide just for you! Combine a trip in the mountain with a visit to two historical places- Boyana Church, UNESCO heritage site, and the old Dragalevtsi Monastery.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- A visit to the Dragalevtsi monastery
- Trip to the mountain
- Hiking (optional)
What's excluded :
- Boyana church entrance fee- 5 euro (10 levs)- paid at place
- Vitosha cabin lift ticket- 7 euro- used only in the winter
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts with a pick up from any location in Sofia.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
First, you will go by car to the Boyana Church, UNESCO historical place, dating back to the 11th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of 11 to 14 century.and you will have the chance to learn their history.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dragalevtsi Monastery, Dragalevtsi, Sofia Bulgaria
Next, the trip will continue with a visit to the Dragalevtsi Monastery, which is also in Vitosha. This still active monastery is probably the oldest of its kind in Bulgaria. It was built around the year 1345, then abandoned only 40 years later during the time of the Ottoman invasion, just to be brought again to life in the middle of the 15th century. It contains colorful murals and it is revered as one of the hiding places of the Bulgarian national hero- Vasil Levski.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vitosha Mountain, Sofia Bulgaria
Finally, you will head to some of the high spots in Vitosha from where you can see amazing views of Sofia from above. There are also several hiking paths that start from that place so you can also opt for same walking in the mountain if the weather is good. After that, the guide will take you back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 10am. - please indicate it.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for mountain conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.