Volcan Irazu - Sanatorio Duran & Cartago Day Trip
Costa Rica is one of the Central American countries with the most volcanoes, among them is the highest in the country, at 3234 meters above sea level, the Irazú Volcano, only an hour and a half from San Jose, you can visit with us this beautiful and great volcano, where we tour the Irazú Volcano National Park.
During our tour, we started the climb to the crater of the volcano for about an hour and a half, with a trip full of beautiful landscapes where you can see the city of Cartago and San José complemented by the beautiful agricultural farms of the area.
To take the lunch in a typical restaurant in the area, which is going to be curious for its amounts of memories that flood the walls of
the thousands of visitors who have eaten in this place, and your visit here will not be theexception for you to leave your memory of the visit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Transportation from Hotels in San José
- Tour operate with a minimum of 2 travellers
- Entry/Admission - Irazu Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Ruinas Sanatorio Carlos Duran
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
We arrive at our destination, the Irazú volcano national park, we enter to make the trek through the crater Diego de la Haya, one of the first of this volcano, take photographs to later go to the top of the colossus. We will be in the place about 2 hours. If the weather permits, we can observe the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean from the top.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ruinas Sanatorio Carlos Duran, A 7 km al norte de la ciudad de Cartago y a unos 18 kilometros al sureste del Volcan Irazu, a una altitud de poco mas de 2,335 msnm., Cartago Costa Rica
We will visit the Durán Sanatorium where we will remember its history, walk through its corridors and learn more about the place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santuario Nacional Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles, Calle 1, Cartago Costa Rica
Then we will visit the city of Cartago where we will pass through the basilica of the patron saint of Costa Rica to make a tour.
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
° Transportation from Hotels mentioned in San Jose.° We can coordinate pick up in some hotel mentioned, if the customer can move there by themselves.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 risk assessment of the activity completed (routes, visit of sights, possible crowds, number of people in the group, reduced services).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.