During four hours you will have the chance to find out how the island was born. Discovering the genesis of the island exploring the interior of the island and the major volcanos full of wonderful landscapes, pure nature and unforgettable moments, Visit Algar do Carvão, known for being the only volcano that you can visit the insides of it. One of the nominees for the seven natural wonders of Portugal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Angra do Heroísmo
What's excluded :
- This tour starts by visiting the oldest volcano of the island going up to "Serra do Cume" where you can enjoy the landscape view known as the "patchwork". From here the tours keep on going to the "Pico Alto" volcano where you will cross two beautiful nature reserve areas where you can observe the Azorean primitive forest. The next stop will be the empty volcano "Algar do Carvão" the only empty volcano in the world accessible to everyone. From here we visit the "Furnas do Enxofre" Sulfer springs and the highest and youngest of the major volcanoes that created the island, "Serra de Santa Bárbara". The last stop will the a familiar cheese factory where we will have a light snack.
The tour stars at 02.00 p.m.
Pick/drop off in the Hotel is included.
Snack is included.
Ticket to visit the cave is included.
Departure Point :Departure from Angra. Pick up and drop off at the Hotel is included.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.