Volcanoes Full Day
Nicaragua is known as the land of volcanoes ... Discover these 3 volcanoes (Volcano Mombacho, Apoyo Lagoon, Masaya Volcano) in one day
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch in Apoyo Lagoon
- Kayaks, stand up paddle boards, life jackets.
What's excluded :
- 8:00am – Your day will starts visiting the Mombacho Volcano. This dormant volcano has four craters. All of the craters are covered with cloud forest. This type of forest is only found on one other spot in the Pacific, and that is on the Apoyo Lagoon. On the Mombacho volcano, you are going to walk around one of the craters, you can find a lots of different trees and plants that thrive because of the cloud forests humidity, also can observe howler and white face monkeys, as well as snakes, deer, reptiles, birds, and insects.
12:30pm – Your next stop is to Apoyo Lagoon, a nature reserve located between the departments of Masaya and Granada. Apoyo is the deepest geological point in Central America. This ancient volcano last erupted 20,000 years ago.
The glistening deep-blue Crater lagoon with its slightly salty water is an invitation to swim, dive, sail or paddle. Here you have one of the cleanest lakes in the entire region. For swimmers, there are no dangers lurking under the surface and the water temperature between 25 and 28 degrees is just right for a refreshing dip anytime and is especially inviting on cooler days. Measuring around six kilometers across and with a surface area of approximately 2,100 hectares there is plenty of room for water sports without disturbing the habitat of the many varieties of fish.
5:00pm – After your relaxing afternoon get ready to visit the Masaya Volcano National Park. We are going up to the viewpoint, which will allow you to look inside the crater mouth, and observe the lava activity from a recent crater formed. You will be back to the city of Granada around 8:00 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Augusto C Sandino Airport, Managua Nicaragua
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.