Volendam, Edam and Windmill Tour plus THIS IS HOLLAND
From the churning windmills in the Zaanse Schans to the cheese weighing house in Edam and Volendam village, this tour highlights everything typical Dutch. Fly over, cruise trough and discover Holland! With this combination you will experience all that is typical Dutch from different perspectives.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- The Ultimate 5D Flight Experience ‘THIS IS HOLLAND’.
- Visit of the clog museum annex wooden shoemaker shop
- Demonstration cheese making incl. tasting
- Entry/Admission - This is Holland
What's excluded :
- Food & Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Volendam Haven
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaaswaag Edam, Jan Nieuwenhuyzenplein 5, 1135 WT Edam The Netherlands
• Drive in 30 minutes from Amsterdam to Edam
• Enjoy a 40 minutes walking tour with your guide through the pearl of the former Zuiderzee, Edam.
• Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th century buildings, including the leaning Carillon tower, the Big Church, and former town hall.
• Most famous in Edam beyond any doubt is the public weighing house, where every year in July and August still every Wednesday morning the famous Edam Cheese Market is held.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Alida Hoeve Cheese Farm & Wooden shoe factory, Zeddeweg 1, 1131 CW Volendam The Netherlands
• Drive in 15 minutes from Edam to Cheesefarm Alida Hoeve.
• See how cheese is made and taste more then 25 different types of Gouda Cheese.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Volendam Haven, Haven 43, 1131 EP Volendam The Netherlands
• Drive in 10 minutes from the Cheesfarm to the fishing village of Volendam.
• Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the village, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction) Also you can enjoy a walk on top of the Dike with a beautiful view of the IJssel-lake
• Discover the village and have a lunch on your own lesiure.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
• Drive in 30 minutes to Zaanse Schans.
The windmill village Zaanse Schans is an open air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th Century. All these buildings were brought here from 1961 on, bringing back to life this most prosperous period of the Zaan region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kooijman Souvenirs & Clogs Wooden Shoe Workshop, Kraaienest 4, 1509 AZ Zaandam The Netherlands
You will visit the clog museum annex wooden shoemaker shop, here you'll watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Back in Amsterdam your guide will give you your ticket for the ultimate 5D Flight Experience; THIS IS HOLLAND
During this 1-hour experience you’ll learn the history of how Holland was created. The Ultimate Flight Experience gives you a 5D experience of the must-see locations in Holland. Fly over the sights you visited earlier today; Zaanse Schans & the famous canals of Amsterdam & see many other highlights of the Netherlands such as; the windmills of Kinderdijk, the flower fields, The Delta Works, the port of Rotterdam and countless other Dutch landmarks from an entirely different perspective. During The Ultimate Flight Experience you will be hanging inside a sphere-shaped screen with your hands and feet dangling free. Moving with the images, you’ll imagine yourself floating above Holland for a period of 9 minutes. Special effects like wind, mist and scent complete this unique experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
2: Heineken Experience, Stadhouderskade 78, 1072 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Tour includes 2 walking tours. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour.
- Each visitor to THIS IS HOLLAND must be at least 4 years old and 102 cm
- Pregnant women are not allowed to enter the Flight Experience
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tour Company will oblige by the strict rules and measurements of the Dutch government and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.